Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,675 Members 46,671 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Review: 0.15mm Flexible Glass Screen Protector Only $5 (Cybertech)

Tip us?

wtf911
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Default Review: 0.15mm Flexible Glass Screen Protector Only $5 (Cybertech)

So I was browsing Amazon and ebay for screen protectors and on both sites I came across this one for $5 and it sounded too good to be true. Well I went ahead and ordered it on ebay and I received it 5 days later.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/281313035202

Without further ado here are the pictures.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0314.jpg
Views:	214
Size:	233.0 KB
ID:	2723076

Name:	IMAG0315.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	256.8 KB
ID:	2723077

Name:	IMAG0318.jpg
Views:	239
Size:	258.9 KB
ID:	2723078

Name:	IMAG0316.jpg
Views:	216
Size:	231.9 KB
ID:	2723079

Seeing as my S5 already had a screen protector on it I didn't actually test this one out on my phone but...

I went ahead and bent it and to my surprise one I had bent it enough there was a quick and loud crack noise which resulted in what looks to be cracked glass in the protector. I did it a total of three times, same result each time.
It comes with the stuff pictured and a plastic piece on each side of it that needs to be peeled off before using it.
The back felt like it would adhere well to the phone screen like other glass protectors.
To be honest I don't know that it feels 100% like the glass protector already on my phone but I'm not even sure what I mean by that.
What I can say is it is every bit as slippery and there is no doubt in my mind it is genuinely glass from how it cracks.
The detailed camera and sensor cutouts are worth noting.

I'll conclude the review by saying I'd definitely recommend it, especially for only $5, and if I didn't already have a protector on my phone I would happily use one myself.

kms108
Old
Thanks Meter 832
glass protector has gone down in price alot recently, it's not really surprising that you can get them for usd 5, i can actually get them for usd 2-3 each, and cheaper if i buy them in bulk, it all depends on the quality and, thickness and cut.
Samsung Galaxy S5 SM900F
Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini Duos I9192

Sony XBA 3
Sony MDR EX600
Sony MDR EX800ST
Xiao Mi Piston IF Edition

LeKtRiCzzz
Old
Thanks Meter 42
This screen protector is tempered glass type it's different from spigen that's why it's so cheap. I bought this thinking it would have a premium glass feel but honestly it feels like any other plastic screen protector

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Free mobile app

kms108
Old
Thanks Meter 832
all spigen glass protectors are tempered glass.
Samsung Galaxy S5 SM900F
Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini Duos I9192

Sony XBA 3
Sony MDR EX600
Sony MDR EX800ST
Xiao Mi Piston IF Edition

delawaredrew
Old
Thanks Meter 73
I just installed this, and it does feel like glass. I had my doubts that it was actual glass when I opened the package. However the product does feel like glass once on the phone, with the proper finger tip drag and smoothness. It is as reflective as the bare screen.

Installation was the same as the glass protector on my Nexus 7, once contact was made it pulled itself down with only a few bubbles to push out. It took 5 minutes maximum, including removing the old plastic film.

It fits perfectly, with cut outs at the proper spots. I didn't bother with pics since it is barely visible.

I'm happy enough, it was cheap and seems to be what I was looking for. I didn't need impact protection as much as scratch resistance.

Cybertech 0.15mm Flexible Glass S5 screen protector
The Following User Says Thank You to delawaredrew For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]