Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,420 Members 37,462 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Spoof an application that the device is not ROOTED

Tip us?

Allenzo
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default Spoof an application that the device is not ROOTED

Hello All,

I have a Note 3 rooted, I installed an application that I need it to run but when starting it after a few second it failed and stop running after it check that the device is rooted. is there any way that I can spoof the application and tell that the device is not rooted?

Thanks,

AllenZo

vndnguyen
Old
Thanks Meter 660

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allenzo View Post
Hello All,

I have a Note 3 rooted, I installed an application that I need it to run but when starting it after a few second it failed and stop running after it check that the device is rooted. is there any way that I can spoof the application and tell that the device is not rooted?

Thanks,

AllenZo
Interesting, what is this app?

Anyway, if you deny root permission for this app, it will treat as the device is not root.
The Following User Says Thank You to vndnguyen For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

muhtesem insan
Old
Thanks Meter 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by vndnguyen View Post
Interesting, what is this app?

Anyway, if you deny root permission for this app, it will treat as the device is not root.
Apps can understand if a device is rooted. My banks application -which does not require root rights obviously- gives warning that it is unsafe if the phone is rooted.
The Following User Says Thank You to muhtesem insan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Egorych
Old
(Last edited by Egorych; 8th May 2014 at 05:56 PM.)
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Hello All,

Thanks,

AllenZo
There is a xposed Module for hide root from apps
RootCloak

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to Egorych For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

JoshDi
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Hello All,

Thanks,

AllenZo
You are looking for an app called RootCloak http://forum.xda-developers.com/xpos...-root-t2574647
The Following User Says Thank You to JoshDi For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Allenzo
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default THANKS!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshDi View Post
You are looking for an app called RootCloak http://forum.xda-developers.com/xpos...-root-t2574647
Thank you All for your response, my problem is solved by using RootCloak
The Following User Says Thank You to Allenzo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]