Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,628 Members 38,912 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Newbie who needs help

Tip us?
TechGirl90 Old
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [Q] Newbie who needs help

Hello everyone, I'm a new member to this site, and I've heard that this site is where i can go to get some answers to problems, that being said, i was hoping y'all can help me with a problem I'm having with my phone.

So I rooted my Sprint LG G2 phone (this is the first time I've ever rooted a phone), then i went to remove some unwanted apps off the phone, then I thought to test and see if I can go back to stock, and without even thinking about the removed apps that i could've restored, I did a factory reset on my phone, it boots up, and I'm still rooted, and the apps that I removed did not come back, so I went to this app call "superSU" and did a full unroot, after that, I restarted my phone, and I still notice that I have root apps installed like "G2 Xsposed, Xposed Installer, Unistall, and Root Browser, so I opened up "Root Checker", it says my device does not have root access, yet I still have G2 Xposed, as well as other root apps I have, so I'm hoping that I can get the apps that came with the phone back (apps like "Clock Widget, Weather Wiget, Music Wiget, Music, SVI settings"), and go back to when I first bought this phone. Is there any simple method I can do to fix these problems with y'all help, I would really appreiate it.

Here are snaphots.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-05-08-11-29-50.png
Views:	83
Size:	232.6 KB
ID:	2732627   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-05-08-11-29-34.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	85.8 KB
ID:	2732629   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-05-08-11-34-53.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	159.2 KB
ID:	2732630  

Robisgnarly
Old
Thanks Meter 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechGirl90 View Post
Hello everyone, I'm a new member to this site, and I've heard that this site is where i can go to get some answers to problems, that being said, i was hoping y'all can help me with a problem I'm having with my phone.

So I rooted my Sprint LG G2 phone (this is the first time I've ever rooted a phone), then i went to remove some unwanted apps off the phone, then I thought to test and see if I can go back to stock, and without even thinking about the removed apps that i could've restored, I did a factory reset on my phone, it boots up, and I'm still rooted, and the apps that I removed did not come back, so I went to this app call "superSU" and did a full unroot, after that, I restarted my phone, and I still notice that I have root apps installed like "G2 Xsposed, Xposed Installer, Unistall, and Root Browser, so I opened up "Root Checker", it says my device does not have root access, yet I still have G2 Xposed, as well as other root apps I have, so I'm hoping that I can get the apps that came with the phone back (apps like "Clock Widget, Weather Wiget, Music Wiget, Music, SVI settings"), and go back to when I first bought this phone. Is there any simple method I can do to fix these problems with y'all help, I would really appreiate it.

Here are snaphots.
your going to want to .tot back to factory if you want those back.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2702422
The Following User Says Thank You to Robisgnarly For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
TechGirl90 Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robisgnarly View Post
your going to want to .tot back to factory if you want those back.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2702422
Thank you, I'll check it out

Robisgnarly
Old
Thanks Meter 86
Quote:
Thank you, I'll check it out
its is very simple just make sure to read the forum and follow the directions carefully, i have done this process about 20 times now and it becomes a breeze
The Following User Says Thank You to Robisgnarly For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
TechGirl90 Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
its is very simple just make sure to read the forum and follow the directions carefully, i have done this process about 20 times now and it becomes a breeze
Ok
TechGirl90 Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
IT WORKED!!!!!, THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP!!!!!, I was getting worried.

Robisgnarly
Old
Thanks Meter 86
Quote:
IT WORKED!!!!!, THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP!!!!!, I was getting worried.

NP, use titanium backup to make backups of your system apps before you remove them
TechGirl90 Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
NP, use titanium backup to make backups of your system apps before you remove them
Ok, how do you use that app?, and just in case if I want to root my phone again, what would be the smartest and at the same time the most simple way to do this so that I dont make these mistakes again?

secret.animal
Old
Thanks Meter 546
Quote:
Ok, how do you use that app?, and just in case if I want to root my phone again, what would be the smartest and at the same time the most simple way to do this so that I dont make these mistakes again?
Ioroot25 will root it.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk
TechGirl90 Old
Thanks Meter 0
May I have a link to instruct me on how to use Ioroot25?

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk