FXP Team Delivers Lollipop to Various Xperia Devices!

From all of us here at XDA-Developers, we’d like to wish you Happy Holidays! If … more

Turn Your Camera Into a Live Puzzle Game

The classic sliding puzzle game hasnt changed much, if at all, over the years. Dating all the way … more

Samsung Begins Production of 8 Gb RAM Chips

With the release of Android 5.0, our favorite mobile operating system has become 64-bit ready. … more

CM, Micromax and OnePlus – Sales Ban Lifted

It’s less than a week since our recent in-depth analysis of the legal battle over the … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Two different kinds of camera modules used for Galaxy S5?

OP tkshk

23rd May 2014, 11:06 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
I got a CLN replacement yesterday due to a defective display. It has a blue sticker "NB 05/14" meaning it was refurbished in May 2014. When I compared the replacement with my old phone, I noticed that a camera lens on my old phone is bright purple under a fluorescent room light while the one on the replacement phone is very dark purple.

Has Samsung started using a new camera module? Pics taken indoor by the replacement phone look darker but this is just my subjective impression.

Both phones were originally manufactured in April 2014, according to the stickers in the battery compartment.
24th May 2014, 03:38 AM   |  #2  
Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 120

649 posts
More
The phone was not refurbished in May. That phone is a brand new phone.

It takes about 60-90 days to turn around a refurb phone.

They don't exist yet.
26th May 2014, 03:42 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 50

414 posts
Yes, there is a green "core' and a purple "core", just like in the S4. There is absolutely no difference in the two as far as the images the produce. NONE. In the S4, if you replaced your camera, you had to make sure you got the exact same core. It could turn into a real pain in the arse.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread