Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,101 Members 41,416 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] USB "Media Device" PC Connection

Tip us?

geronimo48
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default [Q] USB "Media Device" PC Connection

I have been using a portable program called DSynchronize to keep files synchronized between my laptop and mobile phone. However, I just bought the Samsung Galaxy S5 and can’t find it in DSynchronize. When I connect the phone to a PC, it appears in Windows Explorer as a “Device” and not as a hard drive. It is listed as SAMSUNG-SM-G900V with two folders, card and phone. I can transfer files to and from either folder manually in Windows Explorer, but they do not appear in DSynchronize. Is there any way to get the S5 to appear in Windows Explorer as a hard drive?

Thanks
Samsung Galaxy S5

Droid9684
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by geronimo48 View Post
I have been using a portable program called DSynchronize to keep files synchronized between my laptop and mobile phone. However, I just bought the Samsung Galaxy S5 and can’t find it in DSynchronize. When I connect the phone to a PC, it appears in Windows Explorer as a “Device” and not as a hard drive. It is listed as SAMSUNG-SM-G900V with two folders, card and phone. I can transfer files to and from either folder manually in Windows Explorer, but they do not appear in DSynchronize. Is there any way to get the S5 to appear in Windows Explorer as a hard drive?

Thanks
In Mac unlike other droids Samsung doesnt show as media drives and sd cards cant be accessed. But for Mac I use AFT- Android Transfer File. I sync files via dropbox as well. I use to use a program called Dropsync (worked with dropbox).

---------- Post added at 10:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droid9684 View Post
In Mac unlike other droids Samsung doesnt show as media drives and sd cards cant be accessed. But for Mac I use AFT- Android Transfer File. I sync files via dropbox as well. I use to use a program called Dropsync (worked with dropbox).
Also try this app out see if it works for you. It's for PC... https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...cios.syncdroid

geronimo48
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droid9684 View Post

---------- Post added at 10:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 PM ----------

Also try this app out see if it works for you. It's for PC... https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...cios.syncdroid
What I need is a way to get drive letters for the phone storage and my external SD card in Windows Explorer. That's the only way my sync program will work. I did try SyncDroid, but it only finds my internal phone "SD card" and not my external card. The external card is where I store all of my vital files. Thanks anyway.
Samsung Galaxy S5
Tags
file transfer, sync, synchronization, synchronize