Unable to install Titanium Backup

17th May 2012, 06:18 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 15

241 posts
Hello friends!

I am presently running rooted Simplicity 2.2.1 on XXJVU with Semaphore 2.5.0bm kernel. After installing this ROM, I installed Titanium Backup Pro and then recovered all my backed up apps,data and settings. Everything was working fine until yesterday when I found that Titanium Backup Pro was gone. So after searching for it and finally unable to trace it, I tried installing it again, both from the apk file that I had in my SD card and from the market, but it failed everytime giving an error message saying "Out of Space: Titanium Backup could not be installed. Free up some space and try again"

This is strange because I have a hell lot of space available and still it is showing this error. I tried installing other softwares and there wasnt any problem with that. This message is flashed only when I try installing TB.

Can you guys please help me to come out of this situation because TB is a must have software for me?

Thank you.
The Following User Says Thank You to go4saket For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th May 2012, 10:09 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor / Themer
Thanks Meter: 1,422

1,973 posts
More
Try looking at last few comment on below thread, they might help you.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=26199582

Sent from my GT-I9000
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to erpurohit For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th May 2012, 03:01 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 11

49 posts
Try to delete titanium.odex
I 've faced this problem like you but i'm not sure the name of file to delete so let try to delete it in /system/app for file Titanium....odex.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to frankind For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th May 2012, 06:21 AM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member

241 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankind

I 've faced this problem like you but i'm not sure the name of file to delete so let try to delete it in /system/app for file Titanium....odex.

Thanks. The file is actually in /data/app. Thanks anyways. It did help.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to go4saket For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th July 2012, 11:24 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 8

6 posts
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by go4saket

Thanks. The file is actually in /data/app. Thanks anyways. It did help.

Thanks. Had same problem and deleting file /data/app/com.keramidas.TitaniumBackup-1.odex
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to danny_bron For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th August 2012, 12:55 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 17

77 posts
More
For those of you who have used Lucky Patcher for Titanium Backup, removing the .odex will not solve the issue.
The solution is to remove the patch with Lucky Patcher:
In Lucky Patcher click on Titanium Backup > Open Menu of Patches > Remove ODEX with Changes!

If you have uninstalled the app before removing the patch, you will not be able to update it.
In this case just install the same version as before (this will work), then remove the patch and upgrade the app.

hope this helps
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to dinci5 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th August 2012, 09:27 AM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member

241 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dinci5

For those of you who have used Lucky Patcher for Titanium Backup, removing the .odex will not solve the issue.
The solution is to remove the patch with Lucky Patcher:
In Lucky Patcher click on Titanium Backup > Open Menu of Patches > Remove ODEX with Changes!

If you have uninstalled the app before removing the patch, you will not be able to update it.
In this case just install the same version as before (this will work), then remove the patch and upgrade the app.

hope this helps

You are right, I removed the odex file but it still doesnt allow me to install the updated version as I had patched the previous version with lucky patcher. I followed all that you said but I am still not able to install an updated version. After uninstalling the older version, when I try to install the new version, it gives "Application not installed"... Now what?
Last edited by go4saket; 10th August 2012 at 09:49 AM.
10th August 2012, 09:40 AM   |  #8  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Philippines
Thanks Meter: 2,226

3,920 posts
More
Quote:

You are right, I removed the odex file but it still doesnt allow me to install the updated version as I had patched the previois version with lucky patcher. I reinstalled the old version but in lucky patcher there is nothing called "remove odex with changes". Now what?

It is long press titanium Backup in lucky patcher to get "remove odex with changes"
10th August 2012, 11:02 AM   |  #9  
OP Senior Member

241 posts
Did that but still not able to install the new version
10th August 2012, 11:21 AM   |  #10  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Philippines
Thanks Meter: 2,226

3,920 posts
More
Quote:

Did that but still not able to install the new version

Did you reboot phone, after deletes?

if you have root explorer you can try going to /data/dalvik-cache and delete data@app@com.kermidas.TitaniumBackup-1.apk@classes.dex
and
data@app@com.kermidas.TitaniumBackup...pk@classes.dex after that reboot phone

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to xsenman For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread