Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,429 Members 54,293 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Slight rattle noise

Tip us?

junkinmytrunk426
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default Slight rattle noise

Does anyone else have a slight rattle noise coming from the camera area/back corner? You cant really hear it unless you tap on the back of the tablet lightly. My old(2012) nexus doesnt make this sound and not sure if this is normal on the new 1s or not.

smirkis
Old
Thanks Meter 611
i hear a tapping noise when i tap on it.

come on man, do you buy products to find problems? do not make this into the screen lifting issue with the first nexus 7. noone needs you exchanging yours a hundred times taking away possible purchases from other people.
T-Mobile G2>HTC Glacier>Samsung Galaxy Nexus>Google Nexus 4

Asus Transformer>Amazon Kindle Fire>Google Nexus 7>2013 Nexus 7
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to smirkis For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

acomp182
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Pretty sure it's normal. Same noise on my Nexus 4.

nextelbuddy
Old
Thanks Meter 85
please dont start star the "screen lift" saga of 2012 with the 2013 model some people look for things wrong.. if you have buyers remorse take it back.

turdbogls
Old
Thanks Meter 236

DONATE TO ME
its the camera. you will notice that on a lot of devices with cameras. my Gnex does this, my wifes Droid Razr HD does this as well. my thunderbolt did it too. pretty sure it is something inside the camera housings.

dont tap there. its nothing to worry about.

i swear, the only time i find stuff wrong with my electronics is when OTHER people point them out.
Current Devices:
Nexus 5
Nexus 7 (2013)
Moto G (VZW)
The Following User Says Thank You to turdbogls For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

junkinmytrunk426
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by nextelbuddy View Post
please dont start star the "screen lift" saga of 2012 with the 2013 model some people look for things wrong.. if you have buyers remorse take it back.
Buyers remorse? lol really? It was a legit question...thanks for your input tho

Quote:
Originally Posted by turdbogls View Post
its the camera. you will notice that on a lot of devices with cameras. my Gnex does this, my wifes Droid Razr HD does this as well. my thunderbolt did it too. pretty sure it is something inside the camera housings.

dont tap there. its nothing to worry about.

i swear, the only time i find stuff wrong with my electronics is when OTHER people point them out.
My GNex doesnt make this particular sound, it makes a sound from the cover not being flush with the back tho.

Either way not a big deal, was just wondering if it was normal or not.

mertzi
Old
Thanks Meter 94
ridiculous mentality from some people here. A LOT of users, me included, go to forums like XDA to learn about potential build flaws because some of us actually care about getting quality controlled devices for our money. I actually didn't buy the Nexus 10 because of all the reports, both from forums and in reviews, about the bleeding, and I'm grateful for all those reports.

Just because you'd happily pay for a product with obvious defects and then defend the manufacturer to the bone like it was your employer doesn't mean everyone have that attitude. In the year 2012 gluing a screen to a bezel shouldn't have been a problem.

I'm not saying the OP has discovered a flaw here but any report of potential flaws is appreciated by someone like me and your overly defensive mentality is sad to see. Don't decide for others what a flaw is cause it is highly subjective.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mertzi For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

turdbogls
Old
Thanks Meter 236

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by junkinmytrunk426 View Post
My GNex doesnt make this particular sound, it makes a sound from the cover not being flush with the back tho.

Either way not a big deal, was just wondering if it was normal or not.
lol, i just took the battery cover off the phone and tapped around, and the rattling got even worse....lol. My new N7 does have the rattling, though I dont think i would have ever noticed it, and I dont think its a defect at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mertzi View Post
ridiculous mentality from some people here. A LOT of users, me included, go to forums like XDA to learn about potential build flaws because some of us actually care about getting quality controlled devices for our money. I actually didn't buy the Nexus 10 because of all the reports, both from forums and in reviews, about the bleeding, and I'm grateful for all those reports.

Just because you'd happily pay for a product with obvious defects and then defend the manufacturer to the bone like it was your employer doesn't mean everyone have that attitude. In the year 2012 gluing a screen to a bezel shouldn't have been a problem.

I'm not saying the OP has discovered a flaw here but any report of potential flaws is appreciated by someone like me and your overly defensive mentality is sad to see. Don't decide for others what a flaw is cause it is highly subjective.
i agree with that. its just some times (like the N7 screen lift saga) the defect isn't even noticeable until someone points it out to you.
Current Devices:
Nexus 5
Nexus 7 (2013)
Moto G (VZW)

stimr2
Old
Thanks Meter 20
The volume rocker rattles when I tap it. I've noticed on very smartphone and tablet I've handled pretty much does it as well.

jmill75
Old
Thanks Meter 258

DONATE TO ME
Built like a tank, no issues here.