I was searching for some improvements for my other phone L7,
when accidental i`d found a simple method how to enable the GPU rendering instead of software.
You must have rooted phone and at last root explorer.
So here are the steps:
1. Enter /system/lib/egl/ and tab the [Mount /R/W].
2. Open egl.cfg with Text Editor.
3. The output should be like:
0 0 android
0 1 POWERVR_SGX540_120
You have to remove the first line and leave only 0 1 POWERVR_SGX540_120 in the file.
Save and exit.
4. Edit the permissions of /system/lib/egl/egl.cfg to looks like this:
X X 0
X 0 0
X 0 0
" -rw-r--r-- "
5. Rename the libGLES_android.so to libGLES_android.so.bak and tab [Mount R/O] up in right corner.
6. Reboot the phone.
What is the benefit of this?
From that moment the rendering will be made only by GPU.
The CPU is not on the same pressure and we gain more performance on simply browsing the desktops, menus, opening websites and etc.
Well the battery life is reduced by 10% to 15%, but guess all of us prefer smooth ride instead of 2 more hours battery life!
So far no problems on my Optimus 3D MAX, even on GB still happy ^^