[Q] Relock to send back to Verizon

26th April 2014, 01:03 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

26 posts
More
Hello, just a quick question. I had my One rooted, s-off, and unlocked when my microphone went. So I relocked, s-on, and flashed an RUU via http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2475216. Just making sure that before I pack it in the box, there is nothing else that could trip the people at Verizon that I had messed with my phone. I took the OTAs up to 4.3. I'm just paranoid about info not matching up such as the baseband version and build number etc. Thanks
Last edited by eman7131; 26th April 2014 at 01:12 AM.
26th April 2014, 02:18 AM   |  #2  
Flag Michigan City, IN
Thanks Meter: 922

3,138 posts
Donate to Me
More
Does the bootloader say locked or relocked? Locked is good relocked not so much. Other than that you should be fine. Ruu's wipe everything and install it all fresh, including the firmware (baseband, hboot, recovery, etc), so everything will match up.
26th April 2014, 02:24 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

26 posts
More
In the bootloader I have "Locked" also s-on. I noticed though with the refurbished phone I received (not happy about having to get refurbished but thats besides the point) the CID number shows in the bootloader screen whereas on my original phone it is not displayed. Not sure if I even need to be this worried, but I'm just paranoid. Thanks
26th April 2014, 04:21 AM   |  #4  
Flag Michigan City, IN

3,138 posts
Donate to Me
More
Are both phones on the same hboot version? I dont remember if it showed in older hboots or not. Either way i wouldn't worry, locked and s-on is all you need.
26th April 2014, 01:00 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

26 posts
More
No they weren't. I'm just going to stop worrying too much about it. Thanks
30th April 2014, 07:47 PM   |  #6  
Flag Springville

63 posts
More
If i send my phone back to verizon do i have to be on the original ROM? i understand that i need to lock my bootloader and have s-on, but what about the software itself?
30th April 2014, 11:09 PM   |  #7  
Flag Michigan City, IN

3,138 posts
Donate to Me
More
It can be on stock rom/firmware of any version. Just no custom roms or anything.
6th May 2014, 05:40 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 28

193 posts
Just to confirm, if I have a phone that is S-OFF, unlocked:

1. Do I need to lock the bootloader before flashing an RUU?

2. Does flashing an RUU revert the phone to S-ON?

3. Does anything special otherwise need to be done to the phone prior to flashing the RUU?

Thanks so much in advance.

I also have to return a phone to VZW due to a hardware issue (the autofocus issue finally too much for me to bear).
6th May 2014, 10:45 PM   |  #9  
Flag Michigan City, IN

3,138 posts
Donate to Me
More
You only need to relock the bootloader if using a signed ruu. A decrypted ruu does not need it locked.

Flashing an ruu will not remove s-off or relock the bootloader. You can do it before or after, but i sugest after, that way if something goes wrong durring the ruu, you still have options.

Once you do the ruu you will be stock. So the only thing you would have to do is relock and go s-on.
6th May 2014, 11:22 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 28

193 posts
Fantastically clear, Clumsco, thanks! Three quick additional questions

1. is there any advantage to flashing the signed RUU, and adding danger by locking the bootloader beforehand? In your links below your signature is a path to both decrypted and signed versions of the latest RUUs. So I thought to ask before going with one or the other. If there is no advantage then I guess the decrypted version would be the safer bet, right?

2. Is there a danger that locking after the RUU will result in a "relocked" versus the desired "Locked" status?

3. Will the RUU flash wipe my /sdcard area? If so I'll back everything up before embarking on this.

I VERY much appreciate the help. I ran rumrunner several months back and have forgotten a lot of the nuances. Thanks for the quick primer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmlusco

You only need to relock the bootloader if using a signed ruu. A decrypted ruu does not need it locked.

Flashing an ruu will not remove s-off or relock the bootloader. You can do it before or after, but i sugest after, that way if something goes wrong durring the ruu, you still have options.

Once you do the ruu you will be stock. So the only thing you would have to do is relock and go s-on.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread