[Working Perfectly!] MultiROM for E-970/E-973!

Search This thread

gourab4u

Nov 8, 2011
Kolkata
Link has been updated for the Modified TWRP. Now installing 2nd rom is breeze. External SD card is now supported..Works in E-973 Canadian Edition

Yipee..;)

How many of you like the Stock Rom from LG? I know..It is most of you. Me too. But the fact is I am also unable to live w/o the KITKAT! This has resulted numerous times of installing roms, losing important call logs/messages, and a lot of weird things that I dislike! These days are past, and I now use MultiROM to taste every new flavour I like!! I don't have to back up and restore the factory rom now!

I am sharing it to you too. Please let me know if you encounter any bugs.

Statutory Warning: It is your phone. Do not blame me for anything. I am not responsible for any harm you do to your device.

Thanks to all who are linked with MultiROM!

Now the detailed steps:

1. Install TWRP-2.6.3.0_For_KitKat
2. Backup your rom(in my case it is the stock one) with TWRP.
3. Install Carbon Rom as the primary rom(http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=52327519&postcount=217) I have not tried with other roms. But this rom comes with a kernel with kexec hardboot patch.

DU also works! Thanks to @Buscador

4. Install TWRP_2.7.0_MR_geeb
5. Now Install multirom_v22_UNOFFICIAL_geeb
6. Now Install any rom you like as your secondary rom. Reboot in Recovery --> Advanced -> MultiROM to install your rom. You can also select the backup that you performed in step 2.

The updated TWRP version supports ext SDCard. That means you can select the zip from SD card. Installing secondary rom in the extSD is not supported because of the slowness. In recovery go to Mount --> check external_sd to mount the externalSD card. Can any of you let me know if usb otg works in this recovery?

Working perfectly for E-973 Canadian version. Thanks to @Aceangel21 for confirming.:good:

Report if you face any difficulties.

Hit thanks if this has helped you :good:

Last edited:

gourab4u

Nov 8, 2011
Kolkata
Multirom Uninstaller

Now uninstall Multirom at will. :cool:

Sorry guys for this late response. Was too busy to sit with these. Anyways, better late than never! ;)

Click here to download and flash. Do report if you have issues.

Last edited:

babuilyas

Aug 26, 2013
Karachi
I tried it and couldn't add second rom.. Quit it because don't need it on phone...

Sent from my LG-GEEB using Tapatalk

ch33sy

Sep 17, 2007
Thanks so much. Got it to work with latest Carbon and I have MIUI on as the secondary ROM. Everything looks like its working, will report if there is anything amiss.

MrZim4

Feb 28, 2011
It works. I installed PA as my internal, and used the aktest kernel in the carbon thread. Then I was able to use miui as a secondary. So far so good

Sent from my Optimus G using Tapatalk

Buscador

Jun 10, 2006
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
I installed Carbon as the internal ROM and then Mokee. I can boot to the internal ROM just fine but with Mokee I just get a brief flash of light every few seconds, and it never boots.

Edit: I reinstalled Mokee using the "Don't share" option for the kernel, and it booted. I have not been using it long enough to determine if it is stable.

Last edited:

gourab4u

Nov 8, 2011
Kolkata
I installed Carbon as the internal ROM and then Mokee. I can boot to the internal ROM just fine but with Mokee I just get a brief flash of light every few seconds, and it never boots.

Edit: I reinstalled Mokee using the "Don't share" option for the kernel, and it booted. I have not been using it long enough to determine if it is stable.

That's great. We should not be sharing kernel. You can multiboot n number of roms literally. It seems I am moving to a stable stage with this. I will also be uploading the TWRP now with working sdcard support! Enjoy!;)

gourab4u

Nov 8, 2011
Kolkata
FireFox OS boots up!

You can now try firefox OS via multirom!:cool: It boots up. Camera is not working as of now. While installing, select the option "Share Kernel" in multirom. Download the latest FFOS build from Nexus 4 forum. Change the updater script to suit with geeb.

gourab4u

Nov 8, 2011
Kolkata
Axxion (with a Geeb MOD kernel) also works for both the internal and external ROM.

How do you uninstall multi-ROM?

Thanks for your time testing multirom with different roms. Regarding uninstalling this one, still I have not prepared a script. Actually I am busy configuring out the stock kk rom from Korean version to our device. Whenever I get some free time I will create and upload the zip for uninstalling multirom. Once again thanks for your effort.

Buscador

Jun 10, 2006
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Thanks for your time testing multirom with different roms. Regarding uninstalling this one, still I have not prepared a script. Actually I am busy configuring out the stock kk rom from Korean version to our device. Whenever I get some free time I will create and upload the zip for uninstalling multirom. Once again thanks for your effort.

Glad to be of help.

emath33

Dec 31, 2012

Hey, the multirom_v22_UNOFFICIAL_geeb.zip link in the OP is down because of all the traffic from your KitKat ROM. Could you upload the multirom file to another site please?

EDIT - It's back up. Never mind.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Link has been updated for the Modified TWRP. Now installing 2nd rom is breeze. External SD card is now supported..Works in E-973 Canadian Edition

Yipee..;)

How many of you like the Stock Rom from LG? I know..It is most of you. Me too. But the fact is I am also unable to live w/o the KITKAT! This has resulted numerous times of installing roms, losing important call logs/messages, and a lot of weird things that I dislike! These days are past, and I now use MultiROM to taste every new flavour I like!! I don't have to back up and restore the factory rom now!

I am sharing it to you too. Please let me know if you encounter any bugs.

Statutory Warning: It is your phone. Do not blame me for anything. I am not responsible for any harm you do to your device.

Thanks to all who are linked with MultiROM!

Now the detailed steps:

1. Install TWRP-2.6.3.0_For_KitKat
    2. Backup your rom(in my case it is the stock one) with TWRP.
    3. Install Carbon Rom as the primary rom(http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=52327519&postcount=217) I have not tried with other roms. But this rom comes with a kernel with kexec hardboot patch.

DU also works! Thanks to @Buscador

4. Install TWRP_2.7.0_MR_geeb
    5. Now Install multirom_v22_UNOFFICIAL_geeb
    6. Now Install any rom you like as your secondary rom. Reboot in Recovery --> Advanced -> MultiROM to install your rom. You can also select the backup that you performed in step 2.

The updated TWRP version supports ext SDCard. That means you can select the zip from SD card. Installing secondary rom in the extSD is not supported because of the slowness. In recovery go to Mount --> check external_sd to mount the externalSD card. Can any of you let me know if usb otg works in this recovery?

Working perfectly for E-973 Canadian version. Thanks to @Aceangel21 for confirming.:good:

Report if you face any difficulties.

Multirom Uninstaller

Now uninstall Multirom at will. :cool:

Sorry guys for this late response. Was too busy to sit with these. Anyways, better late than never! ;)

Click here to download and flash. Do report if you have issues.

Sorry, been busy and have not checked XDA for awhile. It is the MultiROM part that I can't seem to remove. I have installed newer versions of TWRP as well as multiple new ROMs, but can't get rid of it.

Sent from my LG-E970 using XDA Premium HD app

Hi.. Now done.. Do check the second post..
    Mahdi also works--still using Carbon as the internal ROM.
    Dirty Unicorns (the version built by mathsz) works as the internal ROM, and his XenonHD build works as a secondary ROM. Presumably, Dirty Unicorns also works as a secondary ROM.
    Working perfectly for LG Optimus G E-973 Canadian Edition! Thanks a lot OP!