Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,956 Members 48,557 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

4.4.2 Slimkat beta [Unofficial] gchild

Tip us?

nikitis
Old
(Last edited by nikitis; 23rd December 2013 at 02:59 AM.) Reason: Wording mistake.
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Default 4.4.2 Slimkat beta [Unofficial] gchild

To the guy who made the rom in the title.

Sorry i didn't post there it won't let me due to tight user restrictions on these forums, but I fixed the GPS problem people are having with your rom by changing the value LPP_PROFILE = 0 to LPP_PROFILE = 1 in gps.conf located in the zip under /system/etc/gps.conf and have people reinstall the rom.

The 0 value doesn't work for the Note II on verizon. So you should change it and fix it. As there are plenty of people having issues with GPS on your rom.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nikitis For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

akellar
Old
Thanks Meter 1,770
It worked for you. It's not accurate to say it doesn't work for everyone though. As stated in irc, mine is set to 0 and it locks instantly.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app
Please note, I do not do ROM support via PM. If you have a question, ask in the device thread. Thanks.
The Following User Says Thank You to akellar For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

nkmhockey
Old
Thanks Meter 3
I had no GPS on this ROM and the fix above got it working again - thanks for the tip!

nikitis
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Default Welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkmhockey View Post
I had no GPS on this ROM and the fix above got it working again - thanks for the tip!

Glad to hear it worked for you like it did for me. For the post above yours:

From what I understand is that setting value to 1 allows the ROM to grab fresh cold start GPS data and format the profile properly. Phones sometimes when wiping cache and dalvik for whatever reason lose that data or it becomes corrupted and it then it fails to read the data thus preventing a lock entirely on some phones even with downloading AGPS data. Setting to 1 creates a fresh profile and should work for everyone on this phone.

I had flashed from 4.3 OTA with a fine gps lock 4 times to two different roms, slimkat and cm11, neither of which would lock, even if grabbing a lock on 4.3 letting it read for 5-10 mins each time. Everytime it would lose it. Then a smart fella told me to set it to 1, which I did and it worked on my 8th flash total, but first flash with a 1.

So I see no harm in setting it to 1, to make this work for everybody, especially since tons of people in the slimkat forums are having gps issues with this unofficial build.
The Following User Says Thank You to nikitis For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

lukegman
Old
Thanks Meter 93
The WiFi connection causes problems with GPS. Change your location to GPS only. Even after constant locks with GPS only I switched to use WiFi location and it stopped working. It seems strange that WiFi has constant issues involving select phones and turning on WiFi connection cause GPS to stop working. So my guess is WiFi is causing GPS issues.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

drahpatel02
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikitis View Post

Sorry i didn't post there it won't let me due to tight user restrictions on these forums, but I fixed the GPS problem people are having with your rom by changing the value LPP_PROFILE = 0 to LPP_PROFILE = 1 in gps.conf located in the zip under /system/etc/gps.conf and have people reinstall the rom.

The 0 value doesn't work for the Note II on verizon. So you should change it and fix it. As there are plenty of people having issues with GPS on your rom.
This does not worked for me.

lightnuup
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Nice Rom. Thanks!!

Makveh
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default GPS.CONF Lines

Quote:

Hello, I already opened the gps.gonf file, and it got no like named as LPP_PROFILE

any other advice ?

DSinfinite
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:

did you flash the latest build and are still having the GPS issue?

Sent from Note II

nikitis
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSinfinite View Post
did you flash the latest build and are still having the GPS issue?

Sent from Note II
I no longer have a working flashable note 2. My original note radio died, and the replacement came with a locked bootloader. Wish I could still help.