Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,985 Members 53,722 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Can I Switch between cm/aosp roms and stock roms without recovery switch on 757?

Tip us?

tdamocles
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 69
Default Can I Switch between cm/aosp roms and stock roms without recovery switch on 757?

Look above at question

Sent from my C6833 using Tapatalk

blueether
Old
Thanks Meter 918

DONATE TO ME
You can go back to Stock without recovery (in fact recovery is not used to flash a FTF stock img), but if you have a custom rom then you have recovery. You need recovery to flash a custom rom, well I lie you could do it with adb but it would take about 3 hours and lots coffee.
Charles
Alcatel One Touch "easy" -> Nokia 1110i -> Alcatel ame-408 -> Motorola Razr v3 -> Huawei u8100 -> Sony Xperia Z-Ultra

ROM:- Carbon
Kernel:- Pimped Kernel

tdamocles
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 69
I asked that very poorly...i was on a stock loaded 757(dual twrp/cwm) and flashed paranoid android which had used cwm for recovery.. I did not take a nandroid in cwm,only a nandroid in twrp..where can I get a zip to flash in cwm to change the recovery to twrp:?

blueether
Old
Thanks Meter 918

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdamocles View Post
I asked that very poorly...i was on a stock loaded 757(dual twrp/cwm) and flashed paranoid android which had used cwm for recovery.. I did not take a nandroid in cwm,only a nandroid in twrp..where can I get a zip to flash in cwm to change the recovery to twrp:?

I think all the AOSP ROMs are using cwm at the moment, Slim kernel/ROM might use twrp? I know Revilution kernel had both that can be found here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2548092, note that this kernel is too old to boot any current ROMs but will allow you to get into twrp to use the nandroid

Flash with flashtool or fastboot (see op of thread).
Charles
Alcatel One Touch "easy" -> Nokia 1110i -> Alcatel ame-408 -> Motorola Razr v3 -> Huawei u8100 -> Sony Xperia Z-Ultra

ROM:- Carbon
Kernel:- Pimped Kernel

tdamocles
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 69
I'm not used to the recoveries being attached to the kernel or the ROM.

tdamocles
Old
(Last edited by tdamocles; 17th May 2014 at 10:19 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 69
I like to flip flop between the stock rom and aosp ( usually bundled with CWM ) but the recovery image(dual boot) to use twrp is a pain in the butt to flash if I'm not around a computer .. Is there a simple way to turn an image into a flashable zip? Looks like I could use the GPe recovery to flash.

mathurmatt
Old
Thanks Meter 58
It is not always the case when you have to flash recovery each time you flash a new rom for example you can flash monx which is stock build and from there you can flash every rom aokp cm etc (did that and had no issue) you can come back to stock any time you want from any recovery problem is that some custom roms use recoveries which is ported from Z1 which are ok if you flash a stock rom but for aosp you have to flash another recovery .........

tdamocles
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 69
I was making nandroids in cwm and twrp but this takes a lot of room up.

LordManhattan
Old
Thanks Meter 5646
Flashify can be used to flash IMGs on the go, but I've never used it myself. It does work according to someone (don't remember) with an Ultra.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...llner.flashify
Sent from my C6833

I DO NOT RUN A SUPPORT LINE THROUGH PERSONAL MESSAGES,
SO PLEASE DO NOT PM ME ABOUT HELP (*COUGH* UNLESS I KNOW YOU *COUGH*).

THANK YOU, AND PLEASE HAVE A COOKIE ON YOUR WAY OUT.

Jammol
Old
Thanks Meter 295

DONATE TO ME
I switch between cm and stock on the fly. I have full backups of both and simply do a restore to the other and I'm fine.

Sent from my C6806 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
My Devices...

Future Phone: Don't know yet?
Current Phones: Xperia Z Ultra 6806
Past: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 AT&T [Unlocked], LG Optimus G Pro AT&T, LG Optimus G AT&T, LG Google Nexus 4, Samsung Galaxy S3 AT&T, Samsung GS2 AT&T, Sony Xperia ion AT&T, Samsung Infuse AT&T(First Android Phone), All iPhones before that.