XenonHD Unofficial AOSP-based ROM for Find 7a

XDA Recognized Contributor uppon2 & Team Horizon are bringing the Oppo … more

Sunshine Compatible with HTC One M9

Two Senior Recognized Developers jcase and beaups officially released a new version of Sunshine. … more

CyanogenMod 12.1 for YU Yureka

YU Yureka recently received an official Cyanogen OS 12S update. If you prefer to use a newer revision of … more

Open War for Open Android: Antitrust for Cyanogen?

Android and openness is something we talk about all the time, but the recent … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Splash screens for your M8

7th April 2014, 02:21 AM |#1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Simi Valley, CA
Thanks Meter: 122
 
391 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2011
Donate to Me
More
VZW M8 Splash Screens


Disclamer - If this breaks your phone, you did something wrong. Don't blame me.


Instructions

You must have adb installed.
Download your splash screen from below
Put this file in your /platform-tools folder

Code:
adb reboot bootloader
Code:
fastboot oem rebootRUU
Code:
fastboot flash zip splash.zip
Code:
fastboot reboot
I didn't create this just modified the one found here by @graffixnyc.


Now look at your pretty powered by android logo

Last edited by androidoholic; 13th April 2014 at 07:24 PM.
The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to androidoholic For This Useful Post: [ View ]
 
 
7th April 2014, 02:34 AM |#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 106
 
623 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2011
Does this give you that red text disclaimer on the bottom like it did on the HTC One M7? I remember it did this until someone modified the HBOOT.
7th April 2014, 02:35 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Simi Valley, CA
Thanks Meter: 122
 
391 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie1588

Does this give you that red text disclaimer on the bottom like it did on the HTC One M7? I remember it did this until someone modified the HBOOT.

What gives you the red text is the recovery. You will not see red text with this unless you boot into recovery.
7th April 2014, 02:37 AM |#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 106
 
623 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by androidoholic

What gives you the red text is the recovery. You will not see red text with this unless you boot into recovery.

Ah, okay thanks!

Do you know if a splash screen from the HTC One M7 would work? Just curious.
7th April 2014, 02:40 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Simi Valley, CA
Thanks Meter: 122
 
391 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie1588

Ah, okay thanks!

Do you know if a splash screen from the HTC One M7 would work? Just curious.

Yep just replace the android-info.txt with this one.
Attached Files
File Type: txt android-info.txt - [Click for QR Code] (309 Bytes, 197 views)
Last edited by androidoholic; 7th April 2014 at 02:49 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to androidoholic For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th April 2014, 02:46 AM |#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 106
 
623 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by androidoholic

As long as you replace the android-info with the attached one it should work make sure that you remove the .txt extension.

The zip you provided has the .txt extension. Why do I remove it?

Thanks!
7th April 2014, 02:49 AM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Simi Valley, CA
Thanks Meter: 122
 
391 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie1588

The zip you provided has the .txt extension. Why do I remove it?

Thanks!

My bad, I guess you can leave it there, I just checked the file that I flashed and it is correct. For some reason thought that it was a not a txt file. So disregard that.
7th April 2014, 02:53 AM |#8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 106
 
623 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by androidoholic

My bad, I guess you can leave it there, I just checked the file that I flashed and it is correct. For some reason thought that it was a not a txt file. So disregard that.

Thanks man!

EDIT: Here is a splash screen I used on the M7. I didn't create it, but it was one of my favorites. I just tested it and it worked fine.

It looks similar, but without the green progress dots




Download: https://app.box.com/s/un1lbt75lypvi1zeiwpk
Last edited by Frankie1588; 7th April 2014 at 03:06 AM.
7th April 2014, 03:03 AM |#9  
andybones's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Upstate NY
Thanks Meter: 10,868
 
10,761 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2010
Donate to Me
More
Very nice job, a pic of the splash would be nice.
also I'd like to post some of my own, should I make a new thread or do you want to add them to OP?













The only way to rid the red text is by editing the hboot.
7th April 2014, 03:08 AM |#10  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 106
 
623 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by andybones

Very nice job, a pic of the splash would be nice.
also I'd like to post some of my own, should I make a new thread or do you want to add them to OP?













The only way to rid the red text is by editing the hboot.

Yeah we should have a thread for splash screens and boot animations or add a bunch to this OP.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes