[Q] Rooting, Recovery & Carbonrom Upgrade

Search This thread

finalzero

Dec 2, 2004
www.finalzero.com
Hi,

As per the title I have successfully rooted a UK model Galaxy Note 3 N9005 using Odin 3.09 with the following root file:

CF-Auto-Root-hlte-hltexx-smn9005.tar.md5

I then used Odin to apply the following recovery file:

hlte-cwm-recovery-6.0.4.8-kk(0417).tar.md5

After applying the above I was able to copy across the following Carbonrom nightly rom:

CARBON-KK-NIGHTLY-20140505-0122-hlte.zip

I wiped the Note 3 as per the steps found here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2614787c (post 2) and then I installed the ROM zip and the Google Apps zip file.

Knox warranty is showing 0x1 but I don't care about that however the thing I am concerned about is the following message that appears during power on:

kernel is not seandroid enforcing set warranty bit kernel

The device powered up fine, I was able to complete the Carbonrom installation and as far as I can tell it runs really well without any issues.

So....

Should I be worried about that message or just ignore it?

Cheers,

Fz

nicholaschum

Substratum Development Leader / Inactive RT
Feb 3, 2011
University of Toronto
plus.google.com
Hi,

As per the title I have successfully rooted a UK model Galaxy Note 3 N9005 using Odin 3.09 with the following root file:

After applying the above I was able to copy across the following Carbonrom nightly rom:

I wiped the Note 3 as per the steps found here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2614787c (post 2) and then I installed the ROM zip and the Google Apps zip file.

Knox warranty is showing 0x1 but I don't care about that however the thing I am concerned about is the following message that appears during power on:

The device powered up fine, I was able to complete the Carbonrom installation and as far as I can tell it runs really well without any issues.

So....

Cheers,

Fz

That's normal on many kernels like leanKernel. You can choose to ignore it, or flash a different kernel. I recommend CivZ's SneakyKat.

Next time you don't need to root it first then install CWM (TWRP recommended), as this is a myth where you have to root it before Custom ROMming.

Reactions: Khizar

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

So....

Cheers,

Fz

That's normal on many kernels like leanKernel. You can choose to ignore it, or flash a different kernel. I recommend CivZ's SneakyKat.

Next time you don't need to root it first then install CWM (TWRP recommended), as this is a myth where you have to root it before Custom ROMming.