Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,741 Members 47,332 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

GPS fixed

Tip us?

taaeem
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 164
Default GPS fixed

Hey guys I managed to fix my GPS I changed my GPS.conf file with TopNTP to my local state (Germany) and now it takes one or two SECONDS for the GPS to find my location. And Google Maps finds me now also, one or two seconds (location setting is to only device) and its very accurate. You can try it at your own.

Gesendet von meinem P6-U06
Huawei Ascend P6 - Perfect Phone
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to taaeem For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sisqoboy
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by taaeem View Post
Hey guys I managed to fix my GPS I changed my GPS.conf file with TopNTP to my local state (Germany) and now it takes one or two SECONDS for the GPS to find my location. And Google Maps finds me now also, one or two seconds (location setting is to only device) and its very accurate. You can try it at your own.

how does your config.gps look like now?

taaeem
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by sisqoboy View Post
how does your config.gps look like now?
I dont Know the app changes that automatically so you only have to set your state.

Huawei Ascend P6 - Perfect Phone

sisqoboy
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by taaeem View Post
I dont Know the app changes that automatically so you only have to set your state.

ok. I'll give a try as soon as I get my phone back from service centre...

thx!

Manelit
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by sisqoboy View Post
ok. I'll give a try as soon as I get my phone back from service centre...

thx!
what have you selected??

sisqoboy
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manelit View Post
what have you selected??
apparently my phone is at service centre...

lauwie007
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Doesn't work on omni rom

zordo
Old
(Last edited by zordo; 24th April 2014 at 06:19 PM.)
Thanks Meter 3
This wont help at all in overall performance. I think all we need is to change our gps pool to a country/region specific one. Horribly inaccurate tracking after i tried this. Makes loops etc.

OK. After testing stock settings again, you really can say that this improves GPS. It doesnt matter that its more inaccurate than on stock because stock gets a lock for 1-2kms on 10km bike rides. Sometimes it doesnt get it at all, and sometimes it tracks the whole route. My Nokia 6220classic had perfect gps... I guess Huawei doesnt like to pay for patents. I use sports tracker, but Maps has the same problems with GPS navigation.

Do I just have to accept that I just have managed to buy a no-gps android-phone again? My last one was GS, which had flawed design considering gps - although it still has way better gps with Cyanogen mod than p6. Navigation unusable on both, but GS had good enough reception for sports tracking apps.

desertflyer
Old
Thanks Meter 18
I was having slow and unstable GPS lock on T-mobile USA, but using the default settings in TopNTP I'm getting much better GPS performance. I think it's highly dependent on what country you're in.

zordo
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Its way better but still horrible compared to G2 (or old 6220c). Applied it again and got rid of the loop issue.