Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,713 Members 39,033 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

LIght Flow/LLight Manager

Tip us?

jamesbond_28_007
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Default LIght Flow/LLight Manager

I have tried every single combination and can not get either of these apps to even blink once. I have unchecked under LED settings, I have turned off LED completely under settings, I've even tried alternate mode and back again. Nothing works.

I absolutely rely on this and it worked flawlessly with my S3. I'm close to returning the phone but really like it so hope someone can help.

Thanks.

PS stock notification works (green light)
Current Device: LG G2
Rom: Changes weekly

jamesbond_28_007
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesbond_28_007 View Post
I have tried every single combination and can not get either of these apps to even blink once. I have unchecked under LED settings, I have turned off LED completely under settings, I've even tried alternate mode and back again. Nothing works.

I absolutely rely on this and it worked flawlessly with my S3. I'm close to returning the phone but really like it so hope someone can help.

Thanks.

PS stock notification works (green light)
If anyone is interested, factory fault makes the LED work with LED Manager. However whilst it works under test mode, the reality is, when a message/email comes through it defaults to green at the blink rate set by the stock notifier. Poor.

jamesbond_28_007
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
If anyone is interested, factory fault makes the LED work with LED Manager. However whilst it works under test mode, the reality is, when a message/email comes through it defaults to green at the blink rate set by the stock notifier. Poor.
Is there no-one that has got LED Manager/Light flow working correctly on the LG G2. Surely someone has and can tell me how they did it!

scottdanpor
Old
Thanks Meter 161
Quote:
Is there no-one that has got LED Manager/Light flow working correctly on the LG G2. Surely someone has and can tell me how they did it!
Light flow worked for me. I believe it had a "Root helper" option I enabled. It did change my LED color, however, the wakelocks resulting were detrimental to my battery. I had to uninstall it.
LG G2 LS980 - CloudyG3
Samsung Galaxy SIII i747 7000mah - S3Rx
Motorola Droid Razr XT910 MAXX - MIUI V5

jamesbond_28_007
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottdanpor View Post
Light flow worked for me. I believe it had a "Root helper" option I enabled. It did change my LED color, however, the wakelocks resulting were detrimental to my battery. I had to uninstall it.
Thanks - that's a start. It all works fine under test mode but as soon as notifications arrive it reverts to default green.

scottdanpor
Old
(Last edited by scottdanpor; 29th April 2014 at 01:14 PM.)
Thanks Meter 161
Quote:
Thanks - that's a start. It all works fine under test mode but as soon as notifications arrive it reverts to default green.
There are some that won't work, seems like Missed call/voicemail simply cannot be changed. However, I got Gmail (white) and Facebook (Blue) ones to work.
I still would not recommend using it. If you try, use Wakelock detector and check for numerous wakelocks. Maybe light manager works better, but you still won't get missed call/voicemail to change at all I believe. I would test with Gmail and if you get that working, then try others.

It seems like the G2 stock apps can't be overridden. If you must have different led colors for Missed call/SMS, I think you'll have better luck with 3rd party apps. The light managers seem to have better ability to override the led than with stock apps. That's my suspicion.
Just throwing my experience out there, I got frustrated with the battery drain. FYI there's also an xposed module for led control. Don't try it, it doesn't work.
LG G2 LS980 - CloudyG3
Samsung Galaxy SIII i747 7000mah - S3Rx
Motorola Droid Razr XT910 MAXX - MIUI V5

jamesbond_28_007
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottdanpor View Post
There are some that won't work, seems like Missed call/voicemail simply cannot be changed. However, I got Gmail (white) and Facebook (Blue) ones to work.
I still would not recommend using it. If you try, use Wakelock detector and check for numerous wakelocks. Maybe light manager works better, but you still won't get missed call/voicemail to change at all I believe. I would test with Gmail and if you get that working, then try others.

It seems like the G2 stock apps can't be overridden. If you must have different led colors for Missed call/SMS, I think you'll have better luck with 3rd party apps. The light managers seem to have better ability to override the led than with stock apps. That's my suspicion.
Just throwing my experience out there, I got frustrated with the battery drain. FYI there's also an xposed module for led control. Don't try it, it doesn't work.
Sadly none work. Only in test mode.

mrdunn
Old
Thanks Meter 134
I couldn't get any of the above to work, then tried Prof Reminder on Play store and it seems to work fine for missed calls, SMS, etc. The interface is less than intuitive and was not easy to set up for me, but it worked. See: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2153923 also.

LTunez
Old
Thanks Meter 55
Lightflow does work, at least on the Verizon variant. However, it took a while for me to figure out the proper configuration. You must leave the G2's stock LED notifications enabled, but disable all the individual apps/notifications (incoming call, missed call, etc) except for the one labeled "Downloaded apps" (make sure that one is enabled/ticked). *This particular option/setting may only be available on the Verizon variant*

In Lightflow's settings, have "root mode", and "Run in foreground" enabled. Seems that "Nexus 5 force LED reset" is enabled by default, so I left that alone. "Reduce wake" is optional...seems to work either way.

For some apps to work properly (Like Facebook Messenger) you must have "Accessibility Services" enabled for Lightflow as well (on 4.2.2). On 4.4.2, the new "Notification Service" should be enabled (Lightflow should request this when you run it).

Hoping this helps.

LTunez
Old
Thanks Meter 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by LTunez View Post
Lightflow does work, at least on the Verizon variant. However, it took a while for me to figure out the proper configuration. You must leave the G2's stock LED notifications enabled, but disable all the individual apps/notifications (incoming call, missed call, etc) except for the one labeled "Downloaded apps" (make sure that one is enabled/ticked). *This particular option/setting may only be available on the Verizon variant*

In Lightflow's settings, have "root mode", and "Run in foreground" enabled. Seems that "Nexus 5 force LED reset" is enabled by default, so I left that alone. "Reduce wake" is optional...seems to work either way.

For some apps to work properly (Like Facebook Messenger) you must have "Accessibility Services" enabled for Lightflow as well (on 4.2.2). On 4.4.2, the new "Notification Service" should be enabled (Lightflow should request this when you run it).

Hoping this helps.
Here's a screenshot of the proper settings for the G2's notification light.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ss.png
Views:	80
Size:	48.6 KB
ID:	2716814