Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,384 Members 44,066 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

File Manager

Tip us?
 
jerverg
Old
#1  
jerverg's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 53
Posts: 188
Join Date: Sep 2012
Default File Manager

Does HTC really not have any official File Manager? It is quite stupid as this is Android. A File Manager is ESSENTIAL.
I know I can just download any File Manager like Astro, ES or FX but the update to 4.4 KK prohibits me from writing or deleting anything in my memory card.
I had a Note 3 and it had an official File Manager which, being officially made by Samsung, can freely access anything in the memory card even with 4.4.
Is there a workaround without having to root?


Sent from my HTC One max using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Current Devices:
S803/HTC One Max Red
N9005/Note 3 Black

Hit "THANKS" if I helped you in any way
 
mafyas
Old
#2  
mafyas's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 72
Posts: 156
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Zordaq Motorsports, Shah Alam, Selangor
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerverg View Post
Does HTC really not have any official File Manager? It is quite stupid as this is Android. A File Manager is ESSENTIAL.
I know I can just download any File Manager like Astro, ES or FX but the update to 4.4 KK prohibits me from writing or deleting anything in my memory card.
I had a Note 3 and it had an official File Manager which, being officially made by Samsung, can freely access anything in the memory card even with 4.4.
Is there a workaround without having to root?


Sent from my HTC One max using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Currently no solution without root access because of the written permission in media. For now, must be rooted to edit those permission.


|| HTC One Max International - Running [ViperMax 2.0.0] [Lunar Max Kernel] [Unlocked] [Rooted] [S-OFF] ||
 
marctronixx
Old
#3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 21
Posts: 497
Join Date: Jul 2007
go old school, plug up the gadget to the computer and directly access the storage.. i know its a radical way of thinking but trust me it works.

im stock non rooted and i PREFER to connect to the computer when transferring large files, etc. YMMV of course...
 
jerverg
Old
#4  
jerverg's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 53
Posts: 188
Join Date: Sep 2012
I hate having to do that, the reason I do not have an iphone. Oh well. I guess I will just have to trade this with a Note 3. I stopped rooting after selling my S3 and realizing that onwards, processors dont need overclocking and undervolting anymore. It kinda sucks if I will have to root this phone and lose my warranty just for the sole sake of managing my files in the memory card.
Too cumbersome for a task I should have every right of doing.
HTC is too stupid to not have included it's own file manager. What the hell are they thinking?
I dont even see any apps in "HTC Apps". HTC developers are too damn lazy.

Sent from my HTC One max using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Current Devices:
S803/HTC One Max Red
N9005/Note 3 Black

Hit "THANKS" if I helped you in any way
 
SwordOfWar
Old
#5  
Member
Thanks Meter 29
Posts: 93
Join Date: Apr 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerverg View Post
I hate having to do that, the reason I do not have an iphone. Oh well. I guess I will just have to trade this with a Note 3. I stopped rooting after selling my S3 and realizing that onwards, processors dont need overclocking and undervolting anymore. It kinda sucks if I will have to root this phone and lose my warranty just for the sole sake of managing my files in the memory card.
Too cumbersome for a task I should have every right of doing.
HTC is too stupid to not have included it's own file manager. What the hell are they thinking?
I dont even see any apps in "HTC Apps". HTC developers are too damn lazy.

Sent from my HTC One max using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
So just root it anyway and if you need to send it back just RUU it back to stock or something. Problem solved. While I agree on the overclocking/undervolting, there are so many other reasons to root besides that.

For one, ViperMax rom comes pre-installed with viper's file manager right out the box.
 
jerverg
Old
#6  
jerverg's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 53
Posts: 188
Join Date: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwordOfWar View Post
So just root it anyway and if you need to send it back just RUU it back to stock or something. Problem solved. While I agree on the overclocking/undervolting, there are so many other reasons to root besides that.

For one, ViperMax rom comes pre-installed with viper's file manager right out the box.
I might root. I am finding it hard to let go of this beautiful device. Just to clarify some things, can I ask a few questions?

First thing I need to do is Unlock bootloader right? What's next? Root or S-Off? And when can I relock the bootloader to reactivate Fingerprint?

Sent from my HTC One max using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Current Devices:
S803/HTC One Max Red
N9005/Note 3 Black

Hit "THANKS" if I helped you in any way
 
SwordOfWar
Old
#7  
Member
Thanks Meter 29
Posts: 93
Join Date: Apr 2010
If you're on the 4.4.2 update you need to use Weaksauce + Firewater to s-off the device (it also unlocks bootloader too).

There is a post telling how to set the bootloader flag to locked/unlocked. I locked mine after instally a custom recovery and ROM, but I had no problems installing roms while the bootloader was locked.

Just leave it S-Off and you should be good.

The Following User Says Thank You to SwordOfWar For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


TRENDING IN THEMER...