Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,384 Members 44,066 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

File Manager

Tip us?

jerverg
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 53
Default File Manager

Does HTC really not have any official File Manager? It is quite stupid as this is Android. A File Manager is ESSENTIAL.
I know I can just download any File Manager like Astro, ES or FX but the update to 4.4 KK prohibits me from writing or deleting anything in my memory card.
I had a Note 3 and it had an official File Manager which, being officially made by Samsung, can freely access anything in the memory card even with 4.4.
Is there a workaround without having to root?

Sent from my HTC One max using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Current Devices:
S803/HTC One Max Red
N9005/Note 3 Black

Hit "THANKS" if I helped you in any way

mafyas
Old
Thanks Meter 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerverg View Post
Does HTC really not have any official File Manager? It is quite stupid as this is Android. A File Manager is ESSENTIAL.
I know I can just download any File Manager like Astro, ES or FX but the update to 4.4 KK prohibits me from writing or deleting anything in my memory card.
I had a Note 3 and it had an official File Manager which, being officially made by Samsung, can freely access anything in the memory card even with 4.4.
Is there a workaround without having to root?

Currently no solution without root access because of the written permission in media. For now, must be rooted to edit those permission.

|| HTC One Max International - Running [ViperMax 2.0.0] [Lunar Max Kernel] [Unlocked] [Rooted] [S-OFF] ||

marctronixx
Old
Thanks Meter 21
go old school, plug up the gadget to the computer and directly access the storage.. i know its a radical way of thinking but trust me it works.

im stock non rooted and i PREFER to connect to the computer when transferring large files, etc. YMMV of course...

jerverg
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 53
I hate having to do that, the reason I do not have an iphone. Oh well. I guess I will just have to trade this with a Note 3. I stopped rooting after selling my S3 and realizing that onwards, processors dont need overclocking and undervolting anymore. It kinda sucks if I will have to root this phone and lose my warranty just for the sole sake of managing my files in the memory card.
Too cumbersome for a task I should have every right of doing.
HTC is too stupid to not have included it's own file manager. What the hell are they thinking?
I dont even see any apps in "HTC Apps". HTC developers are too damn lazy.

Current Devices:
S803/HTC One Max Red
N9005/Note 3 Black

SwordOfWar
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerverg View Post
I hate having to do that, the reason I do not have an iphone. Oh well. I guess I will just have to trade this with a Note 3. I stopped rooting after selling my S3 and realizing that onwards, processors dont need overclocking and undervolting anymore. It kinda sucks if I will have to root this phone and lose my warranty just for the sole sake of managing my files in the memory card.
Too cumbersome for a task I should have every right of doing.
HTC is too stupid to not have included it's own file manager. What the hell are they thinking?
I dont even see any apps in "HTC Apps". HTC developers are too damn lazy.

So just root it anyway and if you need to send it back just RUU it back to stock or something. Problem solved. While I agree on the overclocking/undervolting, there are so many other reasons to root besides that.

For one, ViperMax rom comes pre-installed with viper's file manager right out the box.

jerverg
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwordOfWar View Post
So just root it anyway and if you need to send it back just RUU it back to stock or something. Problem solved. While I agree on the overclocking/undervolting, there are so many other reasons to root besides that.

For one, ViperMax rom comes pre-installed with viper's file manager right out the box.
I might root. I am finding it hard to let go of this beautiful device. Just to clarify some things, can I ask a few questions?

First thing I need to do is Unlock bootloader right? What's next? Root or S-Off? And when can I relock the bootloader to reactivate Fingerprint?

Current Devices:
S803/HTC One Max Red
N9005/Note 3 Black

SwordOfWar
Old
Thanks Meter 29
If you're on the 4.4.2 update you need to use Weaksauce + Firewater to s-off the device (it also unlocks bootloader too).

There is a post telling how to set the bootloader flag to locked/unlocked. I locked mine after instally a custom recovery and ROM, but I had no problems installing roms while the bootloader was locked.

Just leave it S-Off and you should be good.

The Following User Says Thank You to SwordOfWar For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]