Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,111 Members 48,152 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Help? for SD-CACHE Backup in OC Device

Tip us?

muraari4u
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default [Q] Help? for SD-CACHE Backup in OC Device

Please help which Recovery supports SD-Cache[ext-4] backup, I am using PLL2 OC Method by Cute_Prince

shubhojit89
Old
Thanks Meter 429
Quote:
Originally Posted by muraari4u View Post
Please help which Recovery supports SD-Cache[ext-4] backup, I am using PLL2 OC Method by Cute_Prince
None of the recoveries support backup of sd cache partition.. As far as cache is concerned recovery doesnt mount sd ccache partition and neither it detects the cache partition.. So to say there is no recovery that takes backup of SD cache..

muraari4u
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by shubhojit89 View Post
None of the recoveries support backup of sd cache partition.. As far as cache is concerned recovery doesnt mount sd ccache partition and neither it detects the cache partition.. So to say there is no recovery that takes backup of SD cache..
Thank you,
if i backup my rom i,e[OC kernel PLL2 method] its backup only SD-DATA and no SD-CACHE and when i restore backup its work or not? that
means every time a problem happen i want to restore my backup but there is no recovery that takes SD cache backup,
so what to do every time fresh install the Rom? or any another way

[Sorry for my bad English]

shubhojit89
Old
(Last edited by shubhojit89; 12th May 2014 at 09:56 AM.)
Thanks Meter 429
Quote:
Originally Posted by muraari4u View Post
Thank you,
if i backup my rom i,e[OC kernel PLL2 method] its backup only SD-DATA and no SD-CACHE and when i restore backup its work or not? that
means every time a problem happen i want to restore my backup but there is no recovery that takes SD cache backup,
so what to do every time fresh install the Rom? or any another way

[Sorry for my bad English]
SD Cache will work plus that partition doesnt store any of your data so backing up or restoring wont affect your ROM or any operations in the ROM.. While restoring just make sure SD cache is present or else you wont be able to OC.. You will be able to restore your phone but wont be able to OC unless and until you dont delete SD cache while restoring..

muraari4u
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by shubhojit89 View Post
SD Cache will work plus that partition doesnt store any of your data so backing up or restoring wont affect your ROM or any operations in the ROM.. While restoring just make sure SD cache is present or else you wont be able to OC.. You will be able to restore your phone but wont be able to OC unless and until you dont delete SD cache while restoring..
Thank you very much, for clarified my doubts