No registration required

[Q] Camera won't work after going back to stock

OP paintballkev812

10th May 2014, 06:05 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1

35 posts
Hey All,

I have the ATT S3 variant, and for the longest time I was running a TW based rom that was made from a galaxy note rom and supported multiview.I decided to flash my phone back to LK3 stock and now my camera won't work. Ive tried wiping the cache and doing a factory reset. I've tried the reinstall a couple of times. Out of curiosity, I flashed CM10.2 and the camera worked fine. I Once again tried flashing the stock rom, but the issue still persists. Whenever I open up the camera app I get the error "Camera Failed". I tried typing in the code to get the camera firmware version, but it just shows a black screen. Any ideas on what I can do to fix this?
10th May 2014, 06:57 PM   |  #2  
Flag Crest Hill
Thanks Meter: 727

1,425 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballkev812

Hey All,

I have the ATT S3 variant, and for the longest time I was running a TW based rom that was made from a galaxy note rom and supported multiview.I decided to flash my phone back to LK3 stock and now my camera won't work. Ive tried wiping the cache and doing a factory reset. I've tried the reinstall a couple of times. Out of curiosity, I flashed CM10.2 and the camera worked fine. I Once again tried flashing the stock rom, but the issue still persists. Whenever I open up the camera app I get the error "Camera Failed". I tried typing in the code to get the camera firmware version, but it just shows a black screen. Any ideas on what I can do to fix this?

Try to flash stock kernel.
The Following User Says Thank You to norbarb For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th May 2014, 11:37 PM   |  #3  
Recognized Contributor
Flag North Georgia
Thanks Meter: 2,359

5,541 posts
Donate to Me
More
Make sure your using the proper modem.
The Following User Says Thank You to mrhaley30705 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th May 2014, 03:58 PM   |  #4  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1

35 posts
I flashed a different stock rom that I acquired from another source and it worked. Thanks guys!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread