Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,005 Members 38,031 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How to set/write a custom PRL on Optimus G?

Tip us?

Whiplashh
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1,467
Default How to set/write a custom PRL on Optimus G?

Hello, I need help to set a custom PRL on my optimus G.

Just so this thread isn't flagged, I am not trying to do anything illegal. The sprint tower is down around here from the storm, and I just want to roam so I can send/ receive text messages. I will pay any calling on roaming fee and I am not going to use my 3G / internet on roaming. I am not trying to be forced out of my contract, I just want to be able to use the phone until the tower is back up.
I have had to do this once before on my Galaxy S3, so any help is appreciated.
Thanks again.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Need Help? Private Message me! Don't forget to hit that thanks button if I helped!
-
Devices: Evo Shift 4G (Dead) - Evo 4g (OG) - Sprint LG Optimus S - Sprint Galaxy S3 - Sprint Optimus G (LGOG) - Google Nexus 7 (2013)
ROM: All running Stock or some form of Cyanogenmod. (CM7, 10, or 11). Except the Galaxy S3, it has some Wicked Sensations.
Current Devices: Sprint Optimus G, Google Nexus 7

drancid
Old
Thanks Meter 104
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=50724374
Check this out.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to drancid For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Whiplashh
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1,467
Quote:
Originally Posted by drancid View Post
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=50724374
Check this out.

Helps a little.. thank you. Still stuck though. Both QPST and LGPST see my phone is there, but don't let me edit. I got the MSL /SLP but can't use it. Both programs say I phone is there, but won't edit. Please help

Need Help? Private Message me! Don't forget to hit that thanks button if I helped!
-
Devices: Evo Shift 4G (Dead) - Evo 4g (OG) - Sprint LG Optimus S - Sprint Galaxy S3 - Sprint Optimus G (LGOG) - Google Nexus 7 (2013)
ROM: All running Stock or some form of Cyanogenmod. (CM7, 10, or 11). Except the Galaxy S3, it has some Wicked Sensations.

drancid
Old
Thanks Meter 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiplashh View Post
Helps a little.. thank you. Still stuck though. Both QPST and LGPST see my phone is there, but don't let me edit. I got the MSL /SLP but can't use it. Both programs say I phone is there, but won't edit. Please help

Did you enable Diag mode? seems like you need to enable it again everytime after reboot.

Whiplashh
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1,467
Quote:
Originally Posted by drancid View Post
Did you enable Diag mode? seems like you need to enable it again everytime after reboot.

Yes I did.

-Whiplashh

Sent from a Premium Xda app using the Flo Nexus 7.
-

dopy25
Old
Thanks Meter 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiplashh View Post
Yes I did.

-Whiplashh

Sent from a Premium Xda app using the Flo Nexus 7.
Did you ever get this situated? Or is the tower back up? I forget where I saw it but I remember finding hybrid PRL's that made your phone go into roaming (off VZW or something) and it would probably help you.

This might help if you still want, it's pretty freaking old but still, the concept is there
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=696073
Devices: Tmobile Wing (LOOONG GONE), [Huawei Mercury (dead), Evo 3D (retired after a long dirty life)] - Both Cricket - LG Optimus G Sprint Current ROM: ArtMod 5.0
and a few others in between.
The Following User Says Thank You to dopy25 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Whiplashh
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1,467
Quote:
Originally Posted by dopy25 View Post
Did you ever get this situated? Or is the tower back up? I forget where I saw it but I remember finding hybrid PRL's that made your phone go into roaming (off VZW or something) and it would probably help you.

This might help if you still want, it's pretty freaking old but still, the concept is there
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=696073
Thank you. They put the towers back up. This phone is a lot harder to set custom PRL. The S3 had just a dialer code lol! But thank you. I hope that link will help someone else too!
-