Welcome to the New XDA-Developers Portal!

You may recall that a few weeks ago, we opened up the XDA-2015 forum themesto intrepid users … more

An Android Enthusiast’s Apple iPhone 6 Challenge

The media has gone batty again over Apple “revolutionizing” smartphones. … more

Sony to Extend its AOSP Program to Other Devices

Sony will be offering its users the possibility to use AOSP ROMs as an alternative to the … more

Project Ara: Modified Android L and Hot Swapping

Project Ara is a very exciting topic–both for hardware and software enthusiasts. The … more
Thread Closed

Best rom for G900i

11th May 2014, 03:28 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
I have an Aussie G900i and have tried 6 roms so far and this is just my opinion of them.
I use my phone in the car a lot so GPS, Bluetooth and 4G Internet have to work
I use wifi instead of 4G at home and even though I don't use NFC at present, I plan to in future

No1 Omega 2.0 (The BEST one) - Everything worked flawlessly (installed G900i modded kernel from install)

NFC did NOT work in any of the other roms but if that doesn't concern you, here is a rundown.

No2 Shohat 5.0 - Everything worked except NFC
No3 Pheonix 1.2 - Everything except NFC and Navigon (Google maps worked but Navigon locked up the phone badly)
No4 Echoe 2.0 - Had troubles keeping the bluetooth connection (navigation kept dropping out all the time)
No5 XtreStoLite 1.0.2 - Most of my apps force closed and wifi connected but then turned off (Big Disappointment)

At No6 is Alliance 1.1 - I couldn't really test this one as the default colour scheme meant I couldn't set it up
The text and check box colours were the same as the background so it was just a blank.

This is just my opinion from tests I have done and others may have differing experiences but hope it helps people wanting to try out
some of the roms.
11th May 2014, 04:06 AM   |  #2  
Forum Moderator
Flag XDA
Thanks Meter: 2,239

3,860 posts
More
Mod Edit
"Best" or "Recommend" ROM/kernel threads are not allowed on XDA.
Please test these things for yourself.
This is the only way you will get an unbiased opinion, and then, you can decide for yourself if it meets YOUR needs.
Don't forget to make a nandroid before you start.
Thread Closed
ronnie498
Forum Moderator
The Following User Says Thank You to ronnie498 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread