Nova Launcher Update Brings Lollipop Functionality and Feel

One of the most popular third party launcher on Android, Nova Launcher, has just … more

Check Your I/O Usage with Iotop for Android

Ever needed to check the I/O usage of apps? If so, you probably tried searching for an iotop … more

T-Mobile HTC One M8 Gets Selfie-Friendly Android 4.4.4 OTA

The T-Mobie variant of HTC One (M8) just now received an over-the-air update … more

Android L is for Lockdown

Root is, without a doubt, the (un)holy grail of the Android world. Those wonderful permissions that allow you as … more

TyTN battery life with Push email

OP gianvi

21st August 2006, 03:25 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

21 posts
I'm experiencing very short battery life on my TyTN (Italian ROM) when activating push email - in a few hours (less than 10) the battery drains completely... Any idea? What battery life is expected when push email is activated? :shock:
21st August 2006, 03:34 PM   |  #2  
Flag PA
Thanks Meter: 13

273 posts
More
Have same problem with WWE ROM -- I changed the schedule for ActiveSync (with it disconnected) so that during 'off peak hours' it sychronizes less often -- then adjusted 'peak hours' to as short as workable for my work days. That seems to have helped because the push email is not constantly polling my server. Hope this is helpful.
21st August 2006, 03:51 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

21 posts
I'm sure this battery issue is related to the data connection, also when in idle: stopping push email, if i leave a browser page open so that there is an active connection, with no real data traffic, in a few hours the battery is completely drained...
This is really strange, your solution helps (already tried this) but i'm wondering why on the Nokia E61, leaving push email enabled all the day, the battery life is only slightly reduced and not so drastically...
21st August 2006, 04:52 PM   |  #4  
USA

8 posts
Battery Life
I have the o2 Trion and activated push mail a week ago and the battery life seems to be very good. I can go about 21 hrs with a full charge.
21st August 2006, 04:58 PM   |  #5  

7 posts
How do I disable push mail totally?

I've been experiencing the same battery drain but i have not been using push mail. Can anyone guide me?

Thanks! ops:
21st August 2006, 06:00 PM   |  #6  
Flag Boston
Thanks Meter: 1

515 posts
More
If you want to disable Push Mail (for reasons that escape me), it's one of the buttons on the Comm Manager menu (the one with the little envelope).

I've seen absolutely no impact at all on battery life from using Push Mail -- in fact, I think it's substantially better than if I were polling everying five minutes for new mail...
22nd August 2006, 06:30 PM   |  #7  
Retired Senior Moderator
Flag Milwaukee
Thanks Meter: 39

3,543 posts
More
I had no battery life issues on my TyTN with direct push enabled.
22nd August 2006, 10:02 PM   |  #8  

26 posts
Same here, Push email is working from day one, the only time that I was out of battery was when WiFi was on all day long.

Because WM5 can keep Wifi connection alive when the device is in sleep mode but can keep GPRS connection on (There is no Keep-Alive) while the device is a sleep. Every time the device would wake up for email the WiFi tries to reconnect and chew the battery.

Push-Email has some effect on the battery drain but it all depend on the amount of emails received.
22nd August 2006, 11:03 PM   |  #9  
Flag Paris

39 posts
More
I have about the same problem the battery life but my conclusion is that it's the push mail that pumps the battery but the UTMS !!!
If I choose only GSM network, my battery life is double with or without pushmail.
22nd August 2006, 11:03 PM   |  #10  
Flag Paris

39 posts
More
I have about the same problem with the battery life but my conclusion is that it's the push mail that pumps the battery but the UTMS !!!
If I choose only GSM network, my battery life is double with or without pushmail.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread