Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,124 Members 39,384 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ODIN-RESTORE] [GS5-DEV Edition] Flashable Rescue package

Tip us?

Droid9684
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Location Can't flash in ODIN

I tried to flash this on a PC in ODIN and place file in PDA and nothing showed up. I have Samsung drivers correctly installed and Odin 3.07. Since trying this and failed i've changed the extension name to just tar maybe it will be recognized? I'll have to wait till tomorrow to borrow a PC again. I still cant boot my S5 due to me forgetting to uncheck reactivation lock before going into recovery last night to make a regular system backup. I have waiting for me one previous TWRP system backup from awhile ago.

ODIN
Message says "<ID:0/003> Removed!!
<ID:0/003> Added!!
<ID:0/003> Odin v.3 engine (ID:3)..
<ID:0/003> File analysis..
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)"

Auto boot and ftime reset are checked. Blue COM box is lit and phone is connected. What am I doing wrong?

jpcalhoun
Old
Thanks Meter 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droid9684 View Post
I tried to flash this on a PC in ODIN and place file in PDA and nothing showed up. I have Samsung drivers correctly installed and Odin 3.07. Since trying this and failed i've changed the extension name to just tar maybe it will be recognized? I'll have to wait till tomorrow to borrow a PC again. I still cant boot my S5 due to me forgetting to uncheck reactivation lock before going into recovery last night to make a regular system backup. I have waiting for me one previous TWRP system backup from awhile ago.

ODIN
Message says "<ID:0/003> Removed!!
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)"

Auto boot and ftime reset are checked. Blue COM box is lit and phone is connected. What am I doing wrong?
I don't know if this helps, but I had to ODIN the recovery file twice. The first time ODIN gave me a green "PASS" but when I tried to boot into recovery it went into stock recovery. I received a "All threads completed (succeed 1/failed 0). I ODIN'd a second time, got the same PASS and report, but it worked the second time around. Not sure why, but it worked.

Droid9684
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpcalhoun View Post
I don't know if this helps, but I had to ODIN the recovery file twice. The first time ODIN gave me a green "PASS" but when I tried to boot into recovery it went into stock recovery. I received a "All threads completed (succeed 1/failed 0). I ODIN'd a second time, got the same PASS and report, but it worked the second time around. Not sure why, but it worked.
Well in the first place files dont show up when i try to put them thru PDA it's just a blank box after I search to open them. It might be because I didn't unpack tar with 7zip?

jpcalhoun
Old
Thanks Meter 81
Quote:
Well in the first place files dont show up when i try to put them thru PDA it's just a blank box after I search to open them. It might be because I didn't unpack tar with 7zip?
Yeah, that would be a problem.

Droid9684
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Yeah, that would be a problem.
Ok I unpacked the tar file on my Mac and transfer it to my external hard drive. Later on when i have access to a PC again i'll try to do the odin flash process again. Will it work this time now that I unpacked the tar.md5.7z file? Do i need to change the extention to just tar?

jpcalhoun
Old
Thanks Meter 81
Quote:
Ok I unpacked the tar file on my Mac and transfer it to my external hard drive. Later on when i have access to a PC again i'll try to do the odin flash process again. Will it work this time now that I unpacked the tar.md5.7z file? Do i need to change the extention to just tar?
ODIN will only recognize a .tar file I think.

Droid9684
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Correct yes so do i leave the extension as is. I unpacked the file and it's a tar exe file now. I hope it works.

Droid9684
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Default Someone please HELP!!!!

Quote:
ODIN freezes and keeps not responding. Now what do i do? I cant boot the phone!!! Also the odin file when i tried to flash on 3.07 said fail. I cant take a screen shot because its not my computer. Version 3.09 freezes right away..... I'm trying to flash the original file with 7z at end and TAR. My phone now says in red letters UDC start Unsupport dev_type. What the hell!!! I'll have to wait another day to work on it again when i can borrow a pc again.

currently it says...

<ID:0/003> SetupConnection..

---------- Post added 8th June 2014 at 12:05 AM ---------- Previous post was 7th June 2014 at 11:40 PM ----------

[QUOTE=das7982;52555115]I made a data dump backup of all important partitions needed to rescue your phone except for the bootloader.....these are phone specific due to a bootloader unlock key. You can locate all of these images using the link below.

I also created an ODIN flash-able rescue .tar in case you find yourself in a boot loop or other bricked state. This ODIN file contains a Stock rooted system image, stock boot image, and TWRP custom recovery. The name of this file is "GS5-DEV_VZWSTOCK_Rooted.tar.md5.7z" and it can be found by clicking the link below.

##CREDIT##
TWRP For their awesome recovery

Files include:

Main OS
system.img
recovery.img
boot.img

Radios
Modem.bin

ODIN Rescue FIle
GS5-DEV_VZWSTOCK_Rooted.tar.md5.7z

+Unpack ODIN File using 7zip
+Flash using ODIN 3.07 in PDA section
+This will recover your phone back to a bootable state
+After flashing this via ODIN jump into TWRP recovery and wipe cache
+Reboot and you should be back to normal
+If you continue to have issues or force closing jump into TWRP and factory reset

Download Here

If you found this rescue image useful and want to buy me a beer the link is below...
Thanks to those who have donated already.

Donate here

FAIL MESSAGE..... HELP PLEASE....

<ID:0/003> Initialzation..
<ID:0/003> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/003> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/003> SingleDownload.
<ID:0/003> 7z'
<ID:0/003> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/003> FAIL!
<ID:0/003>
<ID:0/003> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

Says unsupport dev type on phone

jpcalhoun
Old
Thanks Meter 81
[QUOTE=Droid9684;53237861]ODIN freezes and keeps not responding. Now what do i do? I cant boot the phone!!! Also the odin file when i tried to flash on 3.07 said fail. I cant take a screen shot because its not my computer. Version 3.09 freezes right away..... I'm trying to flash the original file with 7z at end and TAR. My phone now says in red letters UDC start Unsupport dev_type. What the hell!!! I'll have to wait another day to work on it again when i can borrow a pc again.

currently it says...

---------- Post added 8th June 2014 at 12:05 AM ---------- Previous post was 7th June 2014 at 11:40 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by das7982 View Post
I made a data dump backup of all important partitions needed to rescue your phone except for the bootloader.....these are phone specific due to a bootloader unlock key. You can locate all of these images using the link below.

I also created an ODIN flash-able rescue .tar in case you find yourself in a boot loop or other bricked state. This ODIN file contains a Stock rooted system image, stock boot image, and TWRP custom recovery. The name of this file is "GS5-DEV_VZWSTOCK_Rooted.tar.md5.7z" and it can be found by clicking the link below.

##CREDIT##
TWRP For their awesome recovery

Files include:

Main OS
system.img
recovery.img
boot.img

Radios
Modem.bin

ODIN Rescue FIle
GS5-DEV_VZWSTOCK_Rooted.tar.md5.7z

+Unpack ODIN File using 7zip
+Flash using ODIN 3.07 in PDA section
+This will recover your phone back to a bootable state
+After flashing this via ODIN jump into TWRP recovery and wipe cache
+Reboot and you should be back to normal
+If you continue to have issues or force closing jump into TWRP and factory reset

Download Here

If you found this rescue image useful and want to buy me a beer the link is below...
Thanks to those who have donated already.

Donate here

FAIL MESSAGE..... HELP PLEASE....

<ID:0/003> Initialzation..
<ID:0/003> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/003> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/003> SingleDownload.
<ID:0/003> 7z'
<ID:0/003> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/003> FAIL!
<ID:0/003>
<ID:0/003> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

Says unsupport dev type on phone
I understand your pain. I have no idea what's going on. I recommend you PM das7982 the developer who posted the ODIN Restore, perhaps he understands what the problem is.

das7982
Old
Account currently disabled - OP
Thanks Meter 285

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Unpack just the 7 zip container leaving just the tar.md5 file. Then plug this file into pda in odin 3.07.

Since you flashed with a non supported mac program you likely bungled up you pit file. This is your partition information table which stores the location of all your partition info, sizes, locations etc.

If you can't recover using my odin package you are toast. The only way you are getting your phone back up is using the recovery image for the non dev GS5 that's posted in general. BUT! ***WARNING*** if you flash the non dev recovery image your dev edition GS5 will be permanently locked just like the non development device. This will at least get you a perfectly working phone.

Judging by your general lack of odin knowledge it sounds like you're not a developer and just wanted the unlocked bootloader for root.... which is quite alright. I'm just saying you might have bitten off more than you can chew. I hope this info helps you

Follow me @Bash_array