Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,016 Members 50,768 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

fixing sensitivity after ASF removal

Tip us?

dehenry21988
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default fixing sensitivity after ASF removal

Has anybody removed their ASF and not had sensitivity issues/or fixed them? I had to remove mine due to a scratch in the ASF, and the sensitivity is completely borked. Itll work fine for a minute, then start skipping like mad. Ill toggle the screen and itll be worse, toggle again and go back to normal for a bit. Have tried turtle wax liquid ice, fusso oleophobic coating, and two different screen protectors. None fix the issue. It seems to get worse in sun light, and seems to be screwy almost every second time i toggle the screen. Im so fed up with this POS im about to powerslam the damn thing on some concrete...

chunlianghere
Old
Thanks Meter 109
its isnt the ASF problem.

5 months n still going, still waiting for sony to fix this.

Sony Xperia Z1 | DooMKernel v08 / Advance Stock with Recovery v02 (681) Kernel | Stock De-Odex 14.3.A.0.681 KitKat 4.4 ROM

Sony Xperia V | vKernel-Xperia 1.2.5 Kernel | Smart Xperia™ ROM SX.05.1.A.2.425 (9.1.A.1.140)

Sony Ericsson Xperia Ray | xKernel v9.587-C | Android 4.1.B.0.587 Ice Cream Sandwich FlyLight

Nokia 2100 -> SE K300i -> SE W660i -> SE K770i -> SE G700 -> SE W995 -> SE Xperia Ray -> Sony Xperia V -> Sony Xperia Z1

adryanodej
Old
Thanks Meter 56
same problem for me too... Anyway to fix this ? if someone have a tip pls share with us .. cuz it`s realy anoying
Last devices: Xperia arc S --> Xperia S --> Xperia SP --> Xperia ZR --> Xperia Z1 --> Xperia Z1 Compact

dehenry21988
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Mine was perfect before I removed it...

adryanodej
Old
Thanks Meter 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by dehenry21988 View Post
Mine was perfect before I removed it...
yeah.. mine to .. it has to be a way to fix that ... if you find something pls share with me thank you
Last devices: Xperia arc S --> Xperia S --> Xperia SP --> Xperia ZR --> Xperia Z1 --> Xperia Z1 Compact

Jiyeon90
Old
Thanks Meter 139
I'm thinking about removing the asf, does this mean I will get touch issues?

Sent from my Xperia Z1

idoluvizsick
Old
Thanks Meter 2
same here... issues started once i removed asf and im pretty sure it's because of the oils from the fingers because when my hands are dry nothing like this happens... i can somehow make the problem less noticable when applying a tempered glass screen protector but it's still not perfect..
The Following User Says Thank You to idoluvizsick For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dehenry21988
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiyeon90 View Post
I'm thinking about removing the asf, does this mean I will get touch issues?

Sent from my Xperia Z1
I wouldn't chance it...

dehenry21988
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Was wondering, has anyone replaced the digitizer as a fix? I assume replacements come with the asf...

adryanodej
Old
Thanks Meter 56
hy again .. I think i made a fix for those who has removed their ASF from xperia z1 ..
I will test one more day and if it works fine tomorow i`l share with you guys ..
Im` on day 2 of testing, So far no problem with touchscreen.. i tested even with oil on my fingers and works awesome ..
i have to mention i`m on 4.4.2 with advanced stock kernel ..
so tomorow if everithing works fine i`l post the steps how to fix touch sensitivity ..
Sorry for my poor english .. See ya`