Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] HTC One X Home button malfunction

OP Buck_Compton

11th May 2014, 03:43 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
7 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2009
Hello guys,

I've ran in to some trouble with my Htc One X. Since a couple of days my led backligt of the home button is malfunctioning. It won't go out when I put my phone in standby it just fade's vaguely. Is there any solution to it? I had contact with HTC about it but they couldnt help me.

Cheers Buck
11th May 2014, 03:57 PM   |  #2  
timmaaa's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 7,485
 
15,429 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck_Compton

Hello guys,

I've ran in to some trouble with my Htc One X. Since a couple of days my led backligt of the home button is malfunctioning. It won't go out when I put my phone in standby it just fade's vaguely. Is there any solution to it? I had contact with HTC about it but they couldnt help me.

Cheers Buck

It sounds like a hardware malfunction to me, in which case your only option is to replace that module. But, do you have the HTC One X (Endeavoru) or the HTC One XL / at&t One X (Evita)?

Sent from my Evita
11th May 2014, 04:02 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
7 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmaaa

It sounds like a hardware malfunction to me, in which case your only option is to replace that module. But, do you have the HTC One X (Endeavoru) or the HTC One XL / at&t One X (Evita)?

Sent from my Evita

I'm not quite sure but its not an at&t version one X. It was bought in the Netherlands.
11th May 2014, 04:48 PM   |  #4  
timmaaa's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 7,485
 
15,429 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck_Compton

I'm not quite sure but its not an at&t version one X. It was bought in the Netherlands.

What does it say in your bootloader? To boot into the bootloader there are two methods.

With phone powered on
Hold the volume down button, then hold the power button (so you're holding both buttons together), the button lights will start to flash, they will stop flashing and the screen will go blank, after a couple of seconds let go of the power button but continue to hold the volume down button until you reach the white screen with text, this is your bootloader.

With phone powered off
Hold the volume down button, then hold the power button (so you're holding both buttons together), after a couple of seconds let go of the power button but continue to hold the volume down button until you reach the white screen with text, this is your bootloader.

Please post the first five lines.

Sent from my Evita
11th May 2014, 04:57 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
7 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmaaa

What does it say in your bootloader? To boot into the bootloader there are two methods.

Please post the first five lines.

Sent from my Evita

Hey,

It says:
ENDEAVORY PVT SHIP S-ON RL
HBOOT-1.72.0000
CPLD-None
MICROP-None
RADIO-5.1204.167.31

Cheers
11th May 2014, 05:53 PM   |  #6  
timmaaa's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 7,485
 
15,429 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2011
Donate to Me
More
Ok, you're in the wrong forum. You have the HTC One X (Endeavoru) and you're in the HTC One XL / at&t One X (Evita) forum.

Sent from my Evita
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes