Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,303 Members 45,018 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] HTC One X Home button malfunction

Tip us?

Buck_Compton
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] HTC One X Home button malfunction

Hello guys,

I've ran in to some trouble with my Htc One X. Since a couple of days my led backligt of the home button is malfunctioning. It won't go out when I put my phone in standby it just fade's vaguely. Is there any solution to it? I had contact with HTC about it but they couldnt help me.

Cheers Buck

timmaaa
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 5,816

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck_Compton View Post
Hello guys,

I've ran in to some trouble with my Htc One X. Since a couple of days my led backligt of the home button is malfunctioning. It won't go out when I put my phone in standby it just fade's vaguely. Is there any solution to it? I had contact with HTC about it but they couldnt help me.

Cheers Buck
It sounds like a hardware malfunction to me, in which case your only option is to replace that module. But, do you have the HTC One X (Endeavoru) or the HTC One XL / at&t One X (Evita)?

Sent from my Evita
OnePlus One | CM11S | TWRP 2.7.1.1

Do not PM me asking for assistance, that's what my Q&A thread is for!

Buck_Compton
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmaaa View Post
It sounds like a hardware malfunction to me, in which case your only option is to replace that module. But, do you have the HTC One X (Endeavoru) or the HTC One XL / at&t One X (Evita)?

Sent from my Evita
I'm not quite sure but its not an at&t version one X. It was bought in the Netherlands.

timmaaa
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 5,816

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck_Compton View Post
I'm not quite sure but its not an at&t version one X. It was bought in the Netherlands.
What does it say in your bootloader? To boot into the bootloader there are two methods.

With phone powered on
Hold the volume down button, then hold the power button (so you're holding both buttons together), the button lights will start to flash, they will stop flashing and the screen will go blank, after a couple of seconds let go of the power button but continue to hold the volume down button until you reach the white screen with text, this is your bootloader.

With phone powered off
Hold the volume down button, then hold the power button (so you're holding both buttons together), after a couple of seconds let go of the power button but continue to hold the volume down button until you reach the white screen with text, this is your bootloader.

Please post the first five lines.

Sent from my Evita

Buck_Compton
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmaaa View Post
What does it say in your bootloader? To boot into the bootloader there are two methods.

Please post the first five lines.

Sent from my Evita
Hey,

It says:
ENDEAVORY PVT SHIP S-ON RL
HBOOT-1.72.0000
CPLD-None
MICROP-None
RADIO-5.1204.167.31

Cheers

timmaaa
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 5,816

DONATE TO ME
Ok, you're in the wrong forum. You have the HTC One X (Endeavoru) and you're in the HTC One XL / at&t One X (Evita) forum.

Sent from my Evita