Originally Posted by rockmanneo
I have a T-Mobile Note 3 Kitkat, rooted (trip KNOX) and I'm looking for a ROM that is:
- Light: No force close or need for release some memory every time I open a memory heavy app (read Tapped Out *blush*)
- No touchwiz, but still retain the S-pen function
- Button remap such that double click the home button opens the task switcher. The current long press is too long to be used efficiently.
- Open Google now with swipe from bottom (like the one on Xperia)
- Lock screen like the one on Xpreria too
- No bloatwares
- Simplistic theme
- 4.3 if possible
Anybody with good ROM suggestion? I am new with this stuff, the last time I modded my phone was with WM6.5 so bare with me.
how about the kitchen sink? lol... ok i can answer some but not all
android will release memory as it needs it. sometimes it might help to release some memory depending on what you're doing but its not a constant requirement.
S-pen is part of TouchWiz and its framework so unless you're running a TouchWiz rom you're not going to get it, but there's alternative apps you can use to get the same basic function
Button remaping can be done via xpose on most roms
custom roms dont include bloatware. its the whole point of running a custom rom
most roms are not themed to heavy and most are AOSP. so they're clean and simple.
you said you were on 4.4. did you upgrade your bootloader to the new one included in the 4.4 OTA update? if so then you cannot go back to 4.3 (as i have it understood)
hopefully some of this helps and if im wrong. with any of the above someone please chime in....