Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,970 Members 49,188 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Unable to rroot

Tip us?
 
Teerth dass
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 11
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Bangalore
Default Unable to rroot

Guyz i m using a samsung galxy mega 5.8 and i ve tried each and every possible method to root my phone each nd every step goes correct when i install update supersu v1.34 in recovery mode it shows signature verification failed and doesnt get rooted i ve tried this step more than 20 times but its not working so what can i do to root my phone


Sent from my GT-I9152 using xda premium
 
starmaster10
Old
#2  
starmaster10's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 222
Posts: 714
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Saskatoon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teerth dass View Post
Guyz i m using a samsung galxy mega 5.8 and i ve tried each and every possible method to root my phone each nd every step goes correct when i install update supersu v1.34 in recovery mode it shows signature verification failed and doesnt get rooted i ve tried this step more than 20 times but its not working so what can i do to root my phone


Sent from my GT-I9152 using xda premium
Try using this UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.93 as other members have had trouble with the SuperSU v1.34 version, just put the UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.93 zip file onto your sdcard of your phone and flash with the recovery you have installed and it should work then, and i am assuming you have a custom recovery already installed as you will need that to flash this zip file.
 
Teerth dass
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 11
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Bangalore
Does custom recovery mean clockword mod

Sent from my GT-I9152 using xda premium
 
trurl3
Old
#4  
trurl3's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 166
Posts: 592
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Warszawa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teerth dass View Post
Does custom recovery mean clockword mod

Sent from my GT-I9152 using xda premium
There are TWO kind of custom recovery :
CWM - clockword mod
and
TWRP - Team Win Recovery Project

Use which you like. There are fans of both and hard to say which is better...
Samsung Galaxy Mega GT-I9205 with MegaFire MJ2 V11X

Be smart, keep your files one click away @Dropbox. Sign up for free!
Wakelocks got you down? Click here for solution.
If I helped - plese hit
 
Teerth dass
Old
#5  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 11
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Bangalore
Bro i tried even installing supersu v1.93 in recovery mode but again it shows signature verification failed i m fed up of this **** now nd when i installed supersu from playstore its showing su binary is not installed so what should i do now

Sent from my GT-I9152 using xda premium
 
starmaster10
Old
#6  
starmaster10's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 222
Posts: 714
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Saskatoon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teerth dass View Post
Bro i tried even installing supersu v1.93 in recovery mode but again it shows signature verification failed i m fed up of this **** now nd when i installed supersu from playstore its showing su binary is not installed so what should i do now

Sent from my GT-I9152 using xda premium
Did you try one of the recoveries from @Silesh.Nair signature in his posts and can be downloaded from here and just go into the recoveries folder and select the one you want to use and they come as a .zip file to flash with a custom recovery or a .tar file that can be flashed with odin...as i use the TWRP recovery and it flashes the SuperSU v1.93 without any problems for me.
 
Teerth dass
Old
#7  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 11
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Bangalore
Bt it wont work on samsung galaxy mega 5.8 because its for samsung galaxy mega 6.3

Sent from my GT-I9152 using xda premium
 
starmaster10
Old
#8  
starmaster10's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 222
Posts: 714
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Saskatoon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teerth dass View Post
Bt it wont work on samsung galaxy mega 5.8 because its for samsung galaxy mega 6.3

Sent from my GT-I9152 using xda premium
Oops..I was not paying attention as this is for the i9152 mega..sorry about that.


Sent from my SGH-I527M using XDA Free mobile app
 
Teerth dass
Old
#9  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 11
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Bangalore
Any idea about how to root samsung galaxy mega 5.8??

Sent from my GT-I9152 using xda premium
 
artnada
Old
(Last edited by artnada; 14th May 2014 at 02:47 PM.)
#10  
artnada's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 89
Posts: 364
Join Date: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teerth dass View Post
Any idea about how to root samsung galaxy mega 5.8??

Sent from my GT-I9152 using xda premium
Use Odin to root and add recovery
Use THIS file for Root (from my box account)
Use THIS for CWM based recovery for CWM (thx +shabbypenguin)

I have just this minute used these files and and successfully rooted my GT-I9152 Mega 5.8
See pic attached.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-05-14-14-41-45.png
Views:	21
Size:	98.0 KB
ID:	2743438  

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes