[Q] s5 on/off button tweak??

OP martijndk1983

11th May 2014, 03:05 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
hello

this is martin from Holland,my English is not so good but I will do my best.

I am new to android,before I had an iPhone 5s but now with a s5 goes the world open for me.

but I have a little problems with my on/off button,when I have the phone in my pocket trough walking moving etc etc the on/off button is pressed
so my screen wil light up and that is accu usage.
is there a tweak or mod so I can set it to 2 short presses or one long press that the button will then activate.

I have omega 2.0 installed are there other nice tweaks,repos or a better rom I can google?

with kind regard martin
11th May 2014, 08:22 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 6

42 posts
More
I find it to a problem, so what i did, i set up an unlock pattern at the lock screen.
So now i always need to do the unlock pattern and the phone does not switch on by mistake anymore

Also read this for minimal battery use in lock screen
http://www.hi-galaxy-s5.com/2014/04/...er-should.html
Post 12 is verry interesting
Last edited by geert000; 11th May 2014 at 08:56 PM.
11th May 2014, 08:38 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by geert000

I find it to a problem, so what i did, i set up an unlock pattern at the lock screen.
So now i always need to do the unlock pattern and the phone does not switch on by mistake anymore

I know but then you have still the problem that the phone lights up for 50 times an houer.
11th May 2014, 09:00 PM   |  #4  
Flag Losser
Thanks Meter: 4

134 posts
Hello,I think it is not your on/off button, but the home button.
So install xposed framework with the wannam app,and you can shut down the homebutton to wake up the screen.(I am comming from Holland too)

---------- Post added at 10:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:53 PM ----------

When it is your on /off button,then buy a Ringke slim case,it is a little bigger then the S5 so the buttons are a little in the case.
11th May 2014, 11:36 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegerfrancois

Hello,I think it is not your on/off button, but the home button.
So install xposed framework with the wannam app,and you can shut down the homebutton to wake up the screen.(I am comming from Holland too)

---------- Post added at 10:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:53 PM ----------

When it is your on /off button,then buy a Ringke slim case,it is a little bigger then the S5 so the buttons are a little in the case.

I'll think you have a point there about the home button
I changed it right away.

Thanks

I'll survive the first week on android of my life.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread