Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,262 Members 49,367 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Asus Memo Pad HD7 - Threads? Root? Roms?

Tip us?

HoR77
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default Asus Memo Pad HD7 - Threads? Root? Roms?

Hi there,
just ordered my Asus Memo Pad HD7 and I didnt find a single Thread about it, am I just blind or are there none?

I am looking for Custom Roms etc, guess it's just a little early for that, but maybe just rooting works?

Is there a Thread or sub forum for the Memo Pad HD7 ?

HoR77
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
noone?

Dennis0201
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoR77 View Post
Hi there,
just ordered my Asus Memo Pad HD7 and I didnt find a single Thread about it, am I just blind or are there none?

I am looking for Custom Roms etc, guess it's just a little early for that, but maybe just rooting works?

Is there a Thread or sub forum for the Memo Pad HD7 ?

I wonder where did you place the order??

Thanks.

HoR77
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis0201 View Post

Thanks.
I am from Germany, so i wanted to check Amazon.de when it will be available and they had 2 left in Stock, so i quickly put down the order and already have it now

sami8519
Old
Thanks Meter 8
So how does it work for you? Do you recommend it? I love the price. I am considering buying 3-4 for the family.

Thank you

HoR77
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis0201 View Post

Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sami8519 View Post
So how does it work for you? Do you recommend it? I love the price. I am considering buying 3-4 for the family.

Thank you

well its really feels kinda cheap and microsd card is killing me (there is just an open slot) and its gets an error every ~30min, microsd worked fine in galaxy s3 before...

but well, thats the downside, the rest is kinda nice and the price is killing, so yeah !
The Following User Says Thank You to HoR77 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

SoWhy
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Also got it from Amazon.de, I guess they received an early batch and started shipping immediately. I'm quite happy with it, it's feels okay (plastic but nice), is fast and runs smoothly. Modifications by Asus are few and usually well made - except for a permanent button in the left hand corner that lets you used floating apps because you can't remove it even if you don't like using such apps

As for the sd card, I had the same problem two days ago but it stopped. Probably it just was inserted slightly askew. The missing cover for it is a bit of a design flaw but a short piece of transparent duct tape can fix that (It's a 149 device after all)

Since Amazon started shipping them early, I had hoped someone had found a way to root them already, which is the only thing that bugs me at the moment. Hopefully someone will hack it soon. I expect there will be quite a demand for those devices since the Nexus 7.2 is still not out and this is basically a Nexus 7 with better hardware and SD card support anyway
Phone:
Nokia 3330 → Nokia 7250i → Nokia 6230i → SonyEricsson K810i → Nokia N73 → HTC Desire → Samsung Galaxy S III (running Omega AOKP)
Tablet:
Asus Transformer TF101 (running AOKP) / Asus MeMo Pad HD7
The Following User Says Thank You to SoWhy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

LaizyJumper
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoWhy View Post
Since Amazon started shipping them early, I had hoped someone had found a way to root them already, which is the only thing that bugs me at the moment. Hopefully someone will hack it soon. I expect there will be quite a demand for those devices since the Nexus 7.2 is still not out and this is basically a Nexus 7 with better hardware and SD card support anyway
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=43108667
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LaizyJumper For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

MikefromTX
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Wish I could order one here in the U.S. I've been waiting ever since they announced this thing!

Petschino
Old
(Last edited by Petschino; 5th July 2013 at 10:58 AM.) Reason: case discribed
Thanks Meter 0
Thumbs up Worth the price

Hi guys,

I already got it and tested it now quite a while. Yeah it feels a bit cheap but it certainly is! I will use it for surfing on the couch and reading book, comics etc. so it doesn't really bother. And that's what Asus wanted with this little thingy.

The screen looks pretty much like SGS2 quality screen, of course a bit bigger.
The Asus android is.. well.. ok i guess ^^. It will give you constantly show you a symbol in the upper bar when you install a SDcard and the wifi direct did only work a single time..
I will use other roms if they're available i think. I already read about some devices with GPS failure or SDcard slot failure, so i think the price does come with low quality. But you can change it as long as you get a working one^^.

The case is completely ok. Many described it as slippy because it's plastic. Hmja it is, but if you don't have too sweaty hands it's not worse than a iPhone 3G or so.
Mine has a bit of an sharp edge around the upper side. well..

So for 150 € its really okay. But with new roms it would be even better, i am sure.