[Q] Android Twitter notifications still don't work.

OP Abdelati786

27th April 2012, 12:37 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

6 posts
Ever since I switched back to my Android phone, Push notifications for mentions never worked on my account anymore. Every time I go to enable it and push back, then go back to see if its still enabled, it automatically disables itself. Now I thought to my self that the app could be just broken, but I have 2 Twitter accounts, and my secondary account I use gets notifications just fine, buy my main one doesn't want to keep them enabled. So I thought it was my phone so I tried logging in on another Android device I have, same problem. Now with the new update that they released today, me thinking it would fix the problem, I go to turn on notifications, then I get "Updating Notification Settings" ......... "There was a problem updating notification setting". I have tried Googling this but can't find a fix anywhere. Any ideas?
The Following User Says Thank You to Abdelati786 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th April 2012, 01:23 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 3

20 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abdelati786

Ever since I switched back to my Android phone, Push notifications for mentions never worked on my account anymore. Every time I go to enable it and push back, then go back to see if its still enabled, it automatically disables itself. Now I thought to my self that the app could be just broken, but I have 2 Twitter accounts, and my secondary account I use gets notifications just fine, buy my main one doesn't want to keep them enabled. So I thought it was my phone so I tried logging in on another Android device I have, same problem. Now with the new update that they released today, me thinking it would fix the problem, I go to turn on notifications, then I get "Updating Notification Settings" ......... "There was a problem updating notification setting". I have tried Googling this but can't find a fix anywhere. Any ideas?

Having the exact same problem.. tried deleting the data, removing the account. Uninstalling and reinstalling the app.. try checking if just 'Tweets' works.. that one works for me. But I don't want that.. lol
27th April 2012, 02:53 AM   |  #3  
Flag Torreon
Thanks Meter: 37

250 posts
Donate to Me
More
I'm having the same issue, I even tried resetting my phone from scratch with no data whatsoever, I even formatted it and wiped everything, I'm using CM9 on a Samsung Galaxy S2
27th April 2012, 04:18 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 45

117 posts
More
RUnning the new v3.2.0, trying to set notification preferences, when I exit back to acct prefs, I get a toast saying "There was a problem updating notification settings." Is that what you're seeing as well?

---------- Post added at 03:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:17 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abdelati786

Dan, I should have finished reading your post, lol
27th April 2012, 09:15 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

6 posts
Yeah i guess its not just me, but im wondering why it does that for specific accounts? Like my second Twitter account works fine. I downloaded the Twitter 3.0 apk from 4shared, and that worked fine. I guess They keep breaking their own app.
The Following User Says Thank You to Abdelati786 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th April 2012, 04:29 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 3

20 posts
More
3.0 works for you? Sweet. I'm gonna give it a go

Sent from my Nexus S using XDA
29th April 2012, 06:40 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 16

1 posts
More
Trying to revoke all apps on twitter web on pc. Setting > Apps > Revoke all apps.

Work for me

Sorry for my bad english
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to GXXZE For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th April 2012, 06:36 PM   |  #8  
Flag Torreon
Thanks Meter: 37

250 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GXXZE

Trying to revoke all apps on twitter web on pc. Setting > Apps > Revoke all apps.

Work for me

Sorry for my bad english

Thank you very much! This actually worked
The Following User Says Thank You to hectorviov For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th May 2012, 12:10 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 4

65 posts
Worked for me too, just had to remove my account from the phone and sign in again afterwards.
4th May 2012, 04:46 PM   |  #10  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
I Am Also Face This Problem
i am also face same problem with my twitter notifications.

why ...

anybody know how can solve that problem???

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread