Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,395 Members 47,276 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Chinese Rom to European

Tip us?
 
rdhshanghai
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 2
Join Date: Apr 2014
Question Chinese Rom to European

Hi all,

Sorry for obviously being a noob. I am from Western Europe but bought my HTC Desire 816 in China and of course, as expected, there are no Google apps on it and even when I install Google Play store manually it doesn't launch the app.

I am thinking about whether or not I can put a different rom on the phone, a European (Dutch) one, or how does that work ?

Can anyone give me some advise please

Thanks!
 
kinghunki
Old
#2  
kinghunki's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 461
Posts: 603
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: LanZhou

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdhshanghai View Post
Hi all,

Sorry for obviously being a noob. I am from Western Europe but bought my HTC Desire 816 in China and of course, as expected, there are no Google apps on it and even when I install Google Play store manually it doesn't launch the app.

I am thinking about whether or not I can put a different rom on the phone, a European (Dutch) one, or how does that work ?

Can anyone give me some advise please

Thanks!
You can use the European version of the ROM

覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧
HTC J Z321e: KingSenseJ MIUI 3.8.9
HTC J Z321e: KingSenseJ 3.0.1
HTC Sensation: KingSenseS 4.0.0
HTC Desire 816W: KingSenseDS 2.0.0
HTC Desire 816: KingSenseDS Six1.0.0

覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧
I'm sorry, my English is not good enough!
If you do not know what I mean, please tell me!!


If my advice is helpful to you, click the THANKS button....
 
rdhshanghai
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 2
Join Date: Apr 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinghunki View Post
You can use the European version of the ROM
Thank you but I couldn't find the European version anywhere.. I am just a noob where could I find it?
 
kinghunki
Old
#4  
kinghunki's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 461
Posts: 603
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: LanZhou

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdhshanghai View Post
Thank you but I couldn't find the European version anywhere.. I am just a noob where could I find it?
Now you can not find ! Because the European version of the phone has not been released !

覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧
HTC J Z321e: KingSenseJ MIUI 3.8.9
HTC J Z321e: KingSenseJ 3.0.1
HTC Sensation: KingSenseS 4.0.0
HTC Desire 816W: KingSenseDS 2.0.0
HTC Desire 816: KingSenseDS Six1.0.0

覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧
I'm sorry, my English is not good enough!
If you do not know what I mean, please tell me!!


If my advice is helpful to you, click the THANKS button....
 
spykid3000
Old
#5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 1
Join Date: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdhshanghai View Post
Hi all,

Sorry for obviously being a noob. I am from Western Europe but bought my HTC Desire 816 in China and of course, as expected, there are no Google apps on it and even when I install Google Play store manually it doesn't launch the app.

I am thinking about whether or not I can put a different rom on the phone, a European (Dutch) one, or how does that work ?

Can anyone give me some advise please

Thanks!
so far there is only this rom http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2712315
 
vbrsekhar
Old
#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 58
Posts: 171
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Wellington

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by spykid3000 View Post
Now you have the European version too from here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=52995489. But this is a single sim version. If you or anyone happen to find the dual sim english version, that would be of very help for me as I have soft bricked it recently and unable to find the RUU for that.
 
jason macintosh
Old
#7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: Jun 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by vbrsekhar View Post
Now you have the European version too from here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=52995489. But this is a single sim version. If you or anyone happen to find the dual sim english version, that would be of very help for me as I have soft bricked it recently and unable to find the RUU for that.
sorry to bother you
but can i flash this if i am using a dual sim version
will i be able to flash back to dual sim system when there is a rom came out ?
 
vbrsekhar
Old
#8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 58
Posts: 171
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Wellington

 
DONATE TO ME
Unfortunately you cannot do that. You have to wait for the proper dual sim English version like me.

Sent from my C6603 using XDA Free mobile app

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Get Your Special xda:devcon ’14 Hotel And Conference Rate While It Lasts

By now you’ve definitely heard about XDA’s … more

Google Chromecast Rootable Once Again!

Over the six months, theGoogle Chromecasthas gained a considerable amount of official functionality. … more

YAATA isn’t Just Another Android Texting App

Although our mobile devices today are capable of executingnearly every task we normally … more

MacroDroid Update Brings Android Wear Automation

A few months ago, we talked about MacroDroid. For those who don’t remember, MacroDroid … more