Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,619 Members 52,231 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Valiant modding

Tip us?

Dead_Dude
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] Valiant modding

nearly total noob here.

I got a Huawei Valiant, rooted and with CWM flashed.

I have been compiling files to produce various ROMS; one ROM with only original Huawei apks, one with all the bloat stripped out, and one with all the elite cool hacking goodies.

While I am able to easily tweak my ROM on-device, I am unsure about how to take one of my back ups and make it a distributable ROM without any personal data.

I have tried to search, but to be honest this site doesnt seem to like my phone one bit.

Thanks in advance!

Dead_Dude
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
No responses???

I'm really wondering whats the point.

79 views. 3 are me. And no one who read is interested or helpful?

Oh well, I guess no one out there cares.

Update:
I think I can take a nandroid backup and morph it to a proper ROM release. Still trying to figure it out. IMG, tar, etc format issues.

Have one backup of non-user data that is Huawei branded 100%. Huawei apps plus AOSP apps.

Runs smooth.

Got another wannabe ROM, Tor integrated as system app. All data is proxied around the world. All ad networks disabled through Hosts. This 'ROM' also has a bit torrent client, RDP/VNC, WiFi Scanner/Diagnostics, and 4 browsers. Also has working tether and ROOT. Primarily for my job use.

The last wannabe 'ROM' I'm working on is a completely stripped ROM. Having problems getting all the Google gone.

I could desperately use knowledgable brains.

Please reply even if you can't help. It is a LOT of work, and it looks like no one else cares... and it is too damn hard to read hundreds of half-dead threads for help.

Sent from my Huawei Y301A1 using xda app-developers app

linyaho
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Good Stuff!!

Looking for Custom Rom for Huawei Valiant as well. Got it cheap from MetroPCS

Please keep us updated.

Dead_Dude
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Well, after a hard drive crash and a few soft bricks... I think I'll start by posting individual steps for individual programs/installations...

As a brief example:

Windowed Apps on the Free

Be rooted (I used impactor by sauric)
Use Xposed framework from here.
Xhalofloatingwindows. Install it.
Here's how to set it up
Blah
Blah
And then install this app, holoshortcut. The open source one works great to make shortcuts to existing apps that run in windowed mode.
Make sure the apps are not running when you click the windowed icon, else the original full screen app loads (force stop Browser then click the new shortcut so it loads windowed)
Running the non windowed shortcut resets the app to children until you force stop it and run it from the new icon.
There's also blah blah to make a blah blah etc.

Interested in that infos?

Salena068@Gmail.com
Old
(Last edited by Salena068@Gmail.com; 14th April 2014 at 01:07 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Wink lol....and SMFH....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead_Dude View Post
Well, after a hard drive crash and a few soft bricks... I think I'll start by posting individual steps for individual programs/installations...

As a brief example:

Windowed Apps on the Free

Be rooted (I used impactor by sauric)
Use Xposed framework from here.
Xhalofloatingwindows. Install it.
Here's how to set it up
Blah
Blah
And then install this app, holoshortcut. The open source one works great to make shortcuts to existing apps that run in windowed mode.
Make sure the apps are not running when you click the windowed icon, else the original full screen app loads (force stop Browser then click the new shortcut so it loads windowed)
Running the non windowed shortcut resets the app to children until you force stop it and run it from the new icon.
There's also blah blah to make a blah blah etc.

Interested in that infos?

I'm sorry I can't offer any help im just aNOOB myself and was inquiring for a custom ROM with a custom theme (pink) possibly, and came up on ur post, I have a little trouble understanding the whole process but I'm learning and even though I can't offer any assistance to you I think your work on this project is highly un-appreciated and over-looked. You deserve a response from someone knowledgeable and as dedicated ad yourself. I have a Huawei Valiant and I rooted with the same method was excited to install a custom ROM but as you noticed there isn't much to work with and unfortunately I'm not as educated in this area as you are. I hope u find some help and if so send some my way......thanks

rydog66
Old
(Last edited by rydog66; 13th May 2014 at 05:42 AM.)
Thanks Meter 554
How did you root your device? I just got my Valiant and need to root it to get all this bloat off, theme & mod it and get my audio back up to par with V4 A, which requires root.

* I just saw the answer posted above.....derp Impactor to gain root
Sent from my Huawei Y301A1 using Tapatalk

Main Phone: PC36100(OG-EVO-4G)
Custom ROM: Smurf MOD9
Kernel: 2.6.38.8-Mason-El-0.1.5-RC5-sbc
Recovery: Smelkus MOD AOKP
Tablet: SeXy NeXy 7
Primary Rom: Smooth Rom 5.2
Kernel: Patched Motley Kernel
for use with MultiRom
Recovery: TWRP 2.5.0.0
HTC Eris