Streamline Android Theme Customization with Graphic Porter

I dont have a custom theme on my Android phone, and the reason for this is because … more

Boost the Brightness of Your Sony Xperia Z1’s LED

I think the last time anyone has ever used a physical torch to find their earphones, … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: Modify the Look of Your Volume Control – XDA TV

How many screenshots have you seen with a volume status bar in the … more

Prepare Your Nokia X2 for Battle with Nokia X2 Tools

Unveiled in June this year, the Nokia X2 is the Finnish companys second crack at an … more

[Q] Need to get an .APK

12th May 2014, 06:39 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
I have a Verizon Galaxy S3 SGH-I535 with the latest 4.3 installed. However the wireless and bluetooth stopped working so I have a new phone that I'm trying to move my apps over to. Problem is, one app that I LOVE no longer exists and is no longer in the Play store, so I can't reinstall it on my new phone.

Therefore is there a way to root my current SGH-I535, grab the .APK file, then unroot the phone back so I can send it to Samsung for a warranty repair?
12th May 2014, 05:16 PM   |  #2  
Flag Minneapolis
Thanks Meter: 522

884 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by citapinc

I have a Verizon Galaxy S3 SGH-I535 with the latest 4.3 installed. However the wireless and bluetooth stopped working so I have a new phone that I'm trying to move my apps over to. Problem is, one app that I LOVE no longer exists and is no longer in the Play store, so I can't reinstall it on my new phone.

Therefore is there a way to root my current SGH-I535, grab the .APK file, then unroot the phone back so I can send it to Samsung for a warranty repair?

Its not on the amazon store or aptoide? That's a lot of work for just one apk. Heck even a google search might find a download for you.
12th May 2014, 10:11 PM   |  #3  
Duke City
Thanks Meter: 1

13 posts
Quote:

Try rooting with the safe-root tool - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...8&highlight=s3

Then install Titanium Backup, backup the apps and data to SD card, then restore to stock, then you have the APK on the SD card.
13th May 2014, 01:22 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
Question Need to get an .APK
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremy702

Try rooting with the safe-root tool - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...8&highlight=s3

Then install Titanium Backup, backup the apps and data to SD card, then restore to stock, then you have the APK on the SD card.

I will try SafeRoot tonight and see if that solves the problem.
Last edited by citapinc; 13th May 2014 at 01:27 AM.
13th May 2014, 02:02 PM   |  #5  
Flag Newnan
Thanks Meter: 1,288

2,258 posts
More
Quote:

I will try SafeRoot tonight and see if that solves the problem.

It would help if you told us what the app is

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
13th May 2014, 04:26 PM   |  #6  
Flag NewJersey
Thanks Meter: 9

24 posts
More
Info
@citapinc,,

Do U need Some apk (If so what apk) or
just help. Please Clarify.......
13th May 2014, 08:50 PM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
Root then Unroot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman-007

It would help if you told us what the app is

Good point. The App is called Unread Gmail Widget by a company called Waxsoft, Inc. This was a paid app but it's no longer showing on the Google Play Store so I can't reinstall it. I've made MANY attempts to contact the developer of the app but all my emails go unanswered.

I've done more research and found that there is no way to extract a paid app's APK off the phone.

After I rooted the phone I went to the \data folder but I didn't see any APPS folder listed there. Is there another location where paid apps store their APK?
14th May 2014, 11:37 PM   |  #8  
Duke City
Thanks Meter: 1

13 posts
Quote:

Good point. The App is called Unread Gmail Widget by a company called Waxsoft, Inc. This was a paid app but it's no longer showing on the Google Play Store so I can't reinstall it. I've made MANY attempts to contact the developer of the app but all my emails go unanswered.

I've done more research and found that there is no way to extract a paid app's APK off the phone.

After I rooted the phone I went to the \data folder but I didn't see any APPS folder listed there. Is there another location where paid apps store their APK?

If you got the app from the store, and it's running Titanium Backup should be able to back it up for you, no problem. Where you able to get root on your phone yet?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread