Welcome to the New XDA-Developers Portal!

You may recall that a few weeks ago, we opened up the XDA-2015 forum themesto intrepid users … more

An Android Enthusiast’s Apple iPhone 6 Challenge

The media has gone batty again over Apple “revolutionizing” smartphones. … more

Sony to Extend its AOSP Program to Other Devices

Sony will be offering its users the possibility to use AOSP ROMs as an alternative to the … more

Project Ara: Modified Android L and Hot Swapping

Project Ara is a very exciting topic–both for hardware and software enthusiasts. The … more

Encryption problem. Need help!

22nd May 2014, 12:05 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Minsk
Thanks Meter: 2

28 posts
More
Hello. I get xperia m with next problem: owner's child accidentally turn on phone encryption and frogot password.(rom version 15.1.C.2.8, official, without root) I tried to do reset from the settings, but it didn't give any result. Then I tried to flash new rom via sony update service, but it gives me an error. Flashing with flashtool also not working. Maybe someone got any ideas about what I can try yet?

Отправлено с моего GT-N7100 через Tapatalk
22nd May 2014, 12:36 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 1

16 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Sleipnir

Hello. I get xperia m with next problem: owner's child accidentally turn on phone encryption and frogot password.(rom version 15.1.C.2.8, official, without root) I tried to do reset from the settings, but it didn't give any result. Then I tried to flash new rom via sony update service, but it gives me an error. Flashing with flashtool also not working. Maybe someone got any ideas about what I can try yet?

frn, no solution till date....i am having same problem and have tried all possible methods.

How you tried to reset the setting? Is your phone still working? my phone is stuck at "Type password to decrypt storage"
Last edited by catch148; 22nd May 2014 at 12:39 PM.
22nd May 2014, 01:24 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Flag Minsk
Thanks Meter: 2

28 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by catch148

frn, no solution till date....i am having same problem and have tried all possible methods.

How you tried to reset the setting? Is your phone still working? my phone is stuck at "Type password to decrypt storage"

When I press keyboard icon near password field I see "choose input method" window. Then press "set up input methods" and get into "language and input" settings. Then press "back" arrow in top on the screen and see all settings.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread