Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,597 Members 51,250 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] My Desire HD is bricked, but I can get into bootloader. What can I do?

Tip us?

wex28
Old
(Last edited by wex28; 8th May 2014 at 01:48 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default [Q] My Desire HD is bricked, but I can get into bootloader. What can I do?

Dear members of XDA,

My phone froze, and I got the batery out and back in, and when I powered it on, suddenly everything went back to factory settings (Just like when you start the rom for the first time). I was like, what happening...But anyway, I started to set back everything as it was.
When I restarted my phone, the same happened. Factory reset again. The funny part, is that the phone storage shows there's 128MB of total internal space (but there should be around 1gb). Then I decided to try to re-flash my rom I was using (TakTik custom rom - worked fine for months), but I can't do it.
I did full wipe, but when I try to install the rom, it takes 3-4 seconds and it says it's installed successfully, but actually if I go to "Show logs" (In clockworkmod), there was an error saying "No enough space on the phone" (but I did the wipe, as I said).
Now, as I did this, when I try to power on the device, the htc logo shows up, vibrates once as It should, and after a few seconds vibrates 7 times in a row. And it's stuck there.
(By the way, I can still boot into clockworkmod)

What can I do to unbrick my phone?
Any tips?

I appreciate your help very much!

mickeyasamoah
Old
Thanks Meter 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by wex28 View Post
Dear members of XDA,

My phone froze, and I got the batery out and back in, and when I powered it on, suddenly everything went back to factory settings (Just like when you start the rom for the first time). I was like, what happening...But anyway, I started to set back everything as it was.
When I restarted my phone, the same happened. Factory reset again. The funny part, is that the phone storage shows there's 128MB of total internal space (but there should be around 1gb). Then I decided to try to re-flash my rom I was using (TakTik custom rom - worked fine for months), but I can't do it.
I did full wipe, but when I try to install the rom, it takes 3-4 seconds and it says it's installed successfully, but actually if I go to "Show logs" (In clockworkmod), there was an error saying "No enough space on the phone" (but I did the wipe, as I said).
Now, as I did this, when I try to power on the device, the htc logo shows up, vibrates once as It should, and after a few seconds vibrates 7 times in a row. And it's stuck there.
(By the way, I can still boot into clockworkmod)

What can I do to unbrick my phone?
Any tips?

I appreciate your help very much!

Maybe one of your partitions is curropted or something. You can try erasing and formating your boot,system and data partitions from bootoloader.

Just boot your device into bootloader and connect it to your PC.
Now enter these commands one by one.
Code:
fastboot devices
Just to be sure your devices is really connected.Then...
Code:
fastboot erase boot
fastboot format boot
Code:
fastboot erase data
fastboot format data
Code:
fastboot erase system
fastboot format system
If you are able to do this successfully boot into recovery and reflash your rom.

If this doesnt work, try using the stock PD15IMG.zip. Download it, put it on your sdcard.make sure the name is PD15IMG.zip and reboot into bootloader. Once asked wether u want to update press volume up and wait for it to complete. Once its done, Your device would be unrooted.
XDA-DEVELOPERS SENIOR MEMBER

Mickey Asamoah

DEVICE: MOTOROLA RAZR XT912
ROM: Liquid Smooth 3.1 Official KitKat (1st Slot)

Please Use The Thanks Button If I Have Helped You.

wex28
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Actually my PC doesn't recognize my phone. When I connect to it, the "FASTBOOT" title on the phone goes "FASTBOOT - USB" for a second, then goes back to "FASTBOOT", 3-4 times, and stays on "FASTBOOT".

What I am doing wrong?

The "fastboot" command works in command prompt, but it doesn't recognize the device.

Thanks for you help though

punkyboy906
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 1
Still want help?

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 12:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:57 AM ----------

We need details in bootloader screen. S off? Unlocked bootloader etc

---------- Post added at 12:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:02 PM ----------

Quote:
Actually my PC doesn't recognize my phone. When I connect to it, the "FASTBOOT" title on the phone goes "FASTBOOT - USB" for a second, then goes back to "FASTBOOT", 3-4 times, and stays on "FASTBOOT".

What I am doing wrong?

The "fastboot" command works in command prompt, but it doesn't recognize the device.

I suggest u download min adb and fast boot to your PC. This will help issue commands to your device

---------- Post added at 01:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:34 PM ----------

If u can access BL ,your device isn't bricked...fyi

wex28
Old
(Last edited by wex28; 8th May 2014 at 02:05 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Code:
***** AAHK *****
ACE PVT ENG S-OFF RL
HBOOT-0.85.2425
MICROP-0438
RADIO-26.17.14.11_M
eMMC-boot
Apr 12 2011,00:55:45

HBOOT

<VOL UP> to previous item
<VOL DOWN> to next item
<POWER> to select item

FASTBOOT
RECOVERY
FACTORY RESET
SIMLOCK
IMAGE CRC
+ClockworkMod Recovery v5.0.2.7

Today when I woke up and tried to power on the phone, it actually booted into the rom, and I got the welcome screen again, but everything was force-closing each second, one force-close after another.

I downloaded Minimal ADB and Fastboot from here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2317790 (version 1.1.3) and installed it, however my PC still doesn't recognize the device.
When I plug it as I choose the Fastboot option, after a few seconds this comes out:

I'm using Windows 8.1 x86 (People say it in the thread it works for them on Win 8 x64 - so that's not the problem).

mickeyasamoah
Old
(Last edited by mickeyasamoah; 8th May 2014 at 02:10 PM.)
Thanks Meter 143
Quote:

What I am doing wrong?

Your device is supposed to stay on FASTBOOT USB once its connected to your PC.
Okay then try downloading stock rom PD15IMG.zip and do what i made mention off in my previous reply.

EDIT: Can you take a screenshot of your Pc's device manager?
If you dont know how its done:
Right Click My Computer or This PC=> Then select Manage=> Then on the left of select Device Manager.

Mickey Asamoah

punkyboy906
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 1
Looks as if gapps is caused your issue

---------- Post added at 02:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:08 PM ----------

Open file location in min adb and then shift right click open cmd here let me know when u did that

wex28
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Yes, here it is:

Btw, I found this, but there's PD98IMG.zip, not PD15IMG.zip. All PD15IMG's I found are for MyTouch4G. Is this one good?

mickeyasamoah
Old
(Last edited by mickeyasamoah; 8th May 2014 at 02:37 PM.)
Thanks Meter 143
Quote:
Yes, here it is:

Btw, I found this, but there's PD98IMG.zip, not PD15IMG.zip. All PD15IMG's I found are for MyTouch4G. Is this one good?
You are right. Its PD98IMG.zip. I used to use a mytouch 4g so it kinda popped out of no where.
Sorry for that.
Its the PD98IMG.zip rather. Download it and put it on the root of your sdcard and boot to bootloader and press volume up and let it update.

EDIT: With the device manager, right click on the enimration failed device and try uninstalling the drivers. Then Unplug and reconnect ur phone.Then try re-installing it.

Mickey Asamoah

wex28
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Installing the PD98IMG.zip took around 5 seconds (it's only 3MB?!), and nothing changed. It said it's successfully done, but everything is the same.
Isn't this dependable on which radio i have? (I have updated it before). And this small file size, I guess it's wrong.