Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,079 Members 51,827 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[PETITION] 3D Drivers (updated Dec-24-2013)

Tip us?

VIRGIN KLM
Old
(Last edited by VIRGIN KLM; 24th December 2013 at 03:38 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 66
Default [PETITION] 3D Drivers (updated Dec-24-2013)

I have started a petition on change.org about the so talked 3D drivers on HTC EVO 3D. Let's hope this will do something.

https://www.change.org/petitions/htc...o-3d-functions

I hope it is written well and all of it makes sense. If anybody wants to me to add/change something feel free to add suggestions.
Feel free also to discuss anything else around the whole 3D drivers issue here.

Last but not least I'd like to ask you to spread the word about the petition and if it's possible I'd like to ask XDA to give some help on it, it would be pretty intresting to see what comes out of such thing.

Thank you everybody!

UPDATE: 100 supporters reached! Thanx everybody!
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to VIRGIN KLM For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

DylanMk2
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Thank you for taking the time to do this. Signed, and I added a reason as well (to see if I ever buy HTC again).
The Following User Says Thank You to DylanMk2 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

VIRGIN KLM
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 66
To be absolutely honest, I believe that it isn't such a big deal releasing those drivers as much as HTC acts like it is, too much trouble for something really simple that affects nothing. Why, oh, why HTC?

Anonymuszymus
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Thank you

VIRGIN KLM
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 66
You're welcome, actualy there's no reason to thank me, if that petition does anything we are all winners here, HTC too.

Kippui
Old
Thanks Meter 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIRGIN KLM View Post
To be absolutely honest, I believe that it isn't such a big deal releasing those drivers as much as HTC acts like it is, too much trouble for something really simple that affects nothing. Why, oh, why HTC?
Because of patents is why we wont EVER see them.

VIRGIN KLM
Old
(Last edited by VIRGIN KLM; 11th December 2013 at 07:33 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kippui View Post
Because of patents is why we wont EVER see them.
If it does not comply with Android's GPL system the patent is in violation of it, so we can claim breach.
You can't do anything you want with your hardware since you are forced to have available it's sources, you can patent your product (law will protect you) but not releasing the source for your patent inside the Android ecosystem is a breach of Android's policy on OEMs and it's GPL.

moonpie28
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Not really. Even Google is moving a lot of their stuff closed source. There's hardly anything interesting in AOSP anymore. Gmail and Google Now aren't open source. You can mix open and closed source very easily. Sadly.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

WiMax still has legs dammit!

VIRGIN KLM
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 66
You can make thousands of points here but whatever that point will be it still it won't be a reason to not show HTC that it's one of their last chances to show that they care about their costumers and the ecosystem themselfs entered willingly before everybody else will not [care] for them, in the end of the day this is what 50% of the petition is about.

You can sign the petition only to show that you agree, the outcome of it (and any other petition) is another part, you don't enter something only to get what you want because you just said so, (this is the way a 5 year old stubborn child thinks) but you enter because you believe it is correct and you want others to know, whatever their move will be.

mhnx
Old
Thanks Meter 44

DONATE TO ME
Just signed.

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515m using xda app-developers app