Ask a question

No registration required

Phone How root Alcatel OT-916

OP javitronz

27th August 2012, 02:38 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Hi all, is possible to root Alcatel OT-916??

It is an qwerty android device, android version 2.3.6, base 6573 kernel 2.6.35.7

It is very similar to OT-918. I try to be root using SuperOneClickv2.3.3 and UnlockRoot but this methods dont work.

Device details in gsmarena.com

Thankyou very much
20th January 2013, 08:33 PM   |  #2  
Flag Porto
Thanks Meter: 1

20 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by javitronz

It is an qwerty android device, android version 2.3.6, base 6573 kernel 2.6.35.7

It is very similar to OT-918. I try to be root using SuperOneClickv2.3.3 and UnlockRoot but this methods dont work.

Thankyou very much

need help
21st January 2013, 08:07 PM   |  #3  
Flag Skopje

8 posts
More
Drive Source Files
I've found the source files here: sourceforge.net/projects/alcatel/files/
BTW, I've tried all the available rooting methods for gingerbread, including MTKdroidTools, and none of them work.
4th May 2013, 02:28 AM   |  #4  

1 posts
Solution, a few months later :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by javitronz

Thankyou very much

Hi! I was searching for the same and found this: w w w . fix-mobile.net/2013/02/como-rootear-alcatel-one-touch-916. html (remove the spaces, i'm a new user and can't post external links).
It's in spanish, but it's a quite simple procedure, you just need the files they linked and follow the video (install a custom recovery, copy SU.app to a SD, reboot into custom recovery ["#"+"Power"] and install zip from SD.) Hope this can help anybody.
12th May 2014, 12:24 PM   |  #5  

1 posts
Boot problem
Quote:
Originally Posted by masivo182

Hi! I was searching for the same and found this: w w w . fix-mobile.net/2013/02/como-rootear-alcatel-one-touch-916. html (remove the spaces, i'm a new user and can't post external links).
It's in spanish, but it's a quite simple procedure, you just need the files they linked and follow the video (install a custom recovery, copy SU.app to a SD, reboot into custom recovery ["#"+"Power"] and install zip from SD.) Hope this can help anybody.

That worked well!
Rooting was ok, everything works great, i have uninstalled/moved many applications.
I have installed some custom rom from serbian forum jaffta rom v3, but phone doesn't boot. Some logo image by developer is flashing, and nothing happens.
Tried to wipe format everything and restore my previous backup made before rooting, nothing happens.
If someone have original rom/backup from alcatel ot 916, please send me. Thanks.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread