FORUMS

[Q] Battery Life Xperia Z2

16 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By Quezacot, Junior Member on 12th May 2014, 08:07 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hello this is my first xperia smartphone. I'm impressed about the battery of z2 but I have question about battery life, I have auto brightness auto, Sleep 30 seconds, mobile data on, nfc off, Wifi Always on, stamina mode off. I looked into may battery usage and the screen usage is using 62 percent? When you charge your z2 phone is it necessary to make the battery turn to 0 percent before charging? Mine was I discharged it to 0 before charging it but when I read about the battery Li-Ion that it doesn't need to be discharged to 0 is this ture? .How to make the battery life of z2 last longer but not damaging the battery itself? Any tips? Thank you!

12th May 2014, 08:10 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 25

More
You shouldn't discharge your battery to 0%, never! Personally i never discharge my phone under 10%, when it is 14-15% i plug in the chager.
It's bad for your battery life to discharge it to 0%.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
12th May 2014, 08:18 AM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikola1970

You shouldn't discharge your battery to 0%, never! Personally i never discharge my phone under 10%, when it is 14-15% i plug in the chager.
It's bad for your battery life to discharge it to 0%.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

So I think I damaged the battery of my phone. After I read about that Li-Ion battery I never discharged my phone to 0. I have bad experience about my HTC One M7 I always discharged it to 0 and now when I fully charged the htc one m7 to 100 percent it will drastically go down to 92 percent after 5 mins.
12th May 2014, 08:23 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 25

More
Might be, so never discharge your Z2 to 0%. 10% should be the lowest.
The Following User Says Thank You to nikola1970 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th May 2014, 08:26 AM |#5  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikola1970

Might be, so never discharge your Z2 to 0%. 10% should be the lowest.

Thanks buddy! But the screen usage of the z2 is eating the battery of 62 percent
12th May 2014, 08:26 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 20

More
I don't think so you damaged battery discharging battery to 0% once, moreover it was "user 0%", battery had some energy inside. So keep in mind that optimal for battery is work between 40 and 80% but of course it is not very convenient.
The Following User Says Thank You to cedropol For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th May 2014, 08:39 AM |#7  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cedropol

I don't think so you damaged battery discharging battery to 0% once, moreover it was "user 0%", battery had some energy inside. So keep in mind that optimal for battery is work between 40 and 80% but of course it is not very convenient.

thanks. I'm very worried about battery because this phone is very expensive I don't want any damaged on my phone.
12th May 2014, 09:32 AM |#8  
Flag Cambridge
Thanks Meter: 128

More
Smile
Have a look at this website, it has all you need to know

http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/a...ased_batteries
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to alchopop For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th May 2014, 10:48 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 36

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quezacot

Thanks buddy! But the screen usage of the z2 is eating the battery of 62 percent

Wait.. obviously "Screen" usage takes up the most percentage on a phone because you're using it? Judge the battery overall when you reach from 100% to 15% or so.
I'm pretty sure you have no idea regarding the battery usage, you should take your time to read and understand it.
12th May 2014, 02:01 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 228

More
60% used by screen is good, that means there aren't any apps in the background eating your battery

Sent from my Xperia Z1
12th May 2014, 05:27 PM |#11  
Flag Akershus
Thanks Meter: 23

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quezacot

It is normal. The screen takes a lot of the battery. My SOT is between 60-70% battery drained.

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread