FORUMS

I/O Summary: How Android M Handles Power And Charging

In the spirit of improving the core Android experience, Google is changing Android … more

I/O Summary: Google Photos App

At I/O 2015, Google tackled the information problem in mobile once more, this time through … more

I/O Summary: Development, Play Store, The Next Billion

VP of Engineering Jen Fitzpatrick began talking about what Google is doing to … more

I/O Summary: Google Now on Tap

Google is all about organizing the world’s information to make it universally useful, and these … more

Nexus 7 as a deck in car

Thanks Meter: 288
 
By masri1987, Senior Member on 30th April 2014, 10:34 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
So I have a Flo, and a 2000 BMW m5, so I decided to combine the two.



I'd like the community input on three issues,

First would be what audio processor should I be using? Ie Walkman or any other flashable audio software?


Second, is poweramp the most ideal music player for this setup?

Third, how in the heck do I get navbar on the left or right hand side. Being on the bottom has its disadvantages when it's 2 feet away

I'm on Mahdi rom.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to masri1987 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
 
 
1st May 2014, 05:35 PM |#2  
rap3rman's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 76
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by masri1987

So I have a Flo, and a 2000 BMW m5, so I decided to combine the two.



I'd like the community input on three issues,

First would be what audio processor should I be using? Ie Walkman or any other flashable audio software?


Second, is poweramp the most ideal music player for this setup?

Third, how in the heck do I get navbar on the left or right hand side. Being on the bottom has its disadvantages when it's 2 feet away

I'm on Mahdi rom.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

The audio player kinda comes down to preference but i PowerAmp does seem ideal.
For the Navbar try this app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...d.hidesoftkeys
And i highly suggest you install Viper4Android. The difference is phenomenal
1st May 2014, 07:29 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Phoenix, AZ
Thanks Meter: 288
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rap3rman

The audio player kinda comes down to preference but i PowerAmp does seem ideal.
For the Navbar try this app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...d.hidesoftkeys
And i highly suggest you install Viper4Android. The difference is phenomenal

i will get on that @ viper4android

but that hidesoftkeys app doesn't appear to make using the navbar any easy , does it give you options to place it on the left or right?
1st May 2014, 07:54 PM |#4  
rap3rman's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 76
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by masri1987

i will get on that @ viper4android

but that hidesoftkeys app doesn't appear to make using the navbar any easy , does it give you options to place it on the left or right?

You can

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1398956072486.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	41.7 KB
ID:	2719996  
The Following User Says Thank You to rap3rman For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st May 2014, 08:21 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Phoenix, AZ
Thanks Meter: 288
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rap3rman

You can

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

You're awesome. This is awesome. Thank you.

Are you aware of any volume widgets that would allow to easily control music volume without much effort while driving lool

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
1st May 2014, 08:28 PM |#6  
rap3rman's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 76
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by masri1987

You're awesome. This is awesome. Thank you.

Are you aware of any volume widgets that would allow to easily control music volume without much effort while driving lool

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

This was the best i could find lol
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...=ca.xvx.volume
You may need to resize the widget to make it bigger
1st May 2014, 08:31 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Phoenix, AZ
Thanks Meter: 288
 
More
That navbar app doesn't move your stock navbar but adds a trigger for another?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
1st May 2014, 08:32 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Phoenix, AZ
Thanks Meter: 288
 
More
Yeah I have that app, my friend got a iPad mini with a circular gesture to control volume


Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
1st May 2014, 08:48 PM |#9  
rap3rman's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 76
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by masri1987

That navbar app doesn't move your stock navbar but adds a trigger for another?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

When its enabled it disables the stock navbar and adds a similar one but with extra functionality

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
1st May 2014, 09:05 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member
Phoenix, AZ
Thanks Meter: 288
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rap3rman

When its enabled it disables the stock navbar and adds a similar one but with extra functionality

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

ill see if it works well in the car.

I enabled viper4audio and when i checked to see if it is processing it says no. any ideas?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Nexus 7 (2013) Q&A by ThreadRank