[FIXED] Bluetooth problem on firmware 10.4.1.B.0.101

7th April 2014, 08:37 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 148

237 posts
More
I just got the Xperia ZR a month ago. And I loved the 4.1.2 update that already came preloaded with it. The bluetooth, the Wifi and almost everything was working perfectly. Till I decided to upgrade it to the latest 4.3 [10.4.1.B.0.101] upgrade. A lot of people, like me, had issues with the bluetooth unable to detect other devices or be detectable to other devices. And I've seen plenty of complaints on the Sony Mobile blog/forum, too. A lot of them got their phones replaced, re-furbished, re-serviced by Sony; which didn't really solve anything. And a lot of people saying that the temporary fix was to apply loads of pressure on the NFC logo near the flash at the back of the device. Here, I'll tell you a short but permanent fix.

Open your device. Remove your Micro-Sim and SD card (if any) inside and then apply pressure on the area near, where the 'MIC 2' is written. Not much, just a little. And then insert it back. Now put your SIM and SD card back inside, and your bluetooth will work.

I guarantee you it will.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to puppynaz For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th April 2014, 03:41 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 5

29 posts
More
Didn't work!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbrian2012

I just got the Xperia ZR a month ago. And I loved the 4.1.2 update that already came preloaded with it. The bluetooth, the Wifi and almost everything was working perfectly. Till I decided to upgrade it to the latest 4.3 [10.4.1.B.0.101] upgrade. A lot of people, like me, had issues with the bluetooth unable to detect other devices or be detectable to other devices. And I've seen plenty of complaints on the Sony Mobile blog/forum, too. A lot of them got their phones replaced, re-furbished, re-serviced by Sony; which didn't really solve anything. And a lot of people saying that the temporary fix was to apply loads of pressure on the NFC logo near the flash at the back of the device. Here, I'll tell you a short but permanent fix.

Open your device. Remove your Micro-Sim and SD card (if any) inside and then apply pressure on the area near, where the 'MIC 2' is written. Not much, just a little. And then insert it back. Now put your SIM and SD card back inside, and your bluetooth will work.

I guarantee you it will.

I tried this fix, applying all sorts of pressure, but it didn't work.
I guess I'll have to contact the local Service center.
8th April 2014, 03:52 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
Thumbs up :D
Quote:

I guarantee you it will.

Thanks bro! really thanks it works now, i will wait and post if it still working. i love you <3 my bluetooth and wifi is working!

wifi is working, but bluetooth work for one hour aprox :/
Last edited by xiignacioo; 8th April 2014 at 05:29 AM. Reason: NOT FIXED
8th April 2014, 02:55 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 5

36 posts
Quote:

I guarantee you it will.

the trick does work but for some time only..i have got the mobile replaced twice now and all the three mobiles have the same problem..on my mobile nfc also does not work..the pairing does take place but the file or music whatever u want to send does not get thru..sony has really messed up with this great phone..due to the bluetooth problem i am not able to buy a bluetooth headset..i wanted to bluetooth headset as the mobile does heat up after talking for around 10-15 mins..does anybody else is also facing the same problem??
8th April 2014, 07:44 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 100

545 posts
sounds like there is one hell of technical failure with the bluetooth on the ZR...

the connection between the antena and the motherboard i suspect is bad... that spot you mentioned is probebly where the connection is, so applying pressure there reconects it, but only for a while as i pops back out again later.
9th April 2014, 03:36 AM   |  #6  
Flag Valparaiso

5 posts
More
Not work, im very dissapointed with my ZR
9th April 2014, 01:01 PM   |  #7  
Flag Novi Sad
Thanks Meter: 6

21 posts
More
Same here - does not work.
11th April 2014, 05:56 AM   |  #8  

5 posts
No Fixed
Problem persist....
wifi and bluetooth dead
11th April 2014, 11:37 PM   |  #9  
Flag Novi Sad
Thanks Meter: 6

21 posts
More
Quote:

I just got the Xperia ZR a month ago. And I loved the 4.1.2 update that already came preloaded with it. The bluetooth, the Wifi and almost everything was working perfectly. Till I decided to upgrade it to the latest 4.3 [10.4.1.B.0.101] upgrade.

Therefore I think the problem is in the software. Bad driver for bluetooth or baseband. For me wi-fi works fine. Bluetooth sometimes works, but mostly not.
13th April 2014, 12:42 PM   |  #10  
OP Senior Member
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 148

237 posts
More
Okay, after weeks of doing this (or writing the post), I'm still facing the Bluetooth problem.

I heard some people have bluetooth working flawlessly on CyanogenMod but I don't want to root or put a custom ROM just yet.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread