FORUMS

AOSP 5.1 Lollipop for Nexus Q

Google Nexus Q is an intriguing device released with Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich. It was abandoned by … more

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (Apr 17 – 24)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

Glimpse Notifications: Easier Lockscreen Notifications

Lollipop brought a revamp to the lockscreen, taking away custom widgets but … more

What Are the Best Looking Apps on Android?

As more developers are updating their apps with Material Design elements, we’re … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Q] I wiped the wrong parition

12th May 2014, 04:21 PM |#1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Can anyone help?

I have TWRP and i was factory resetting on my HTC One and i accidentally selected all partitions now i have no operating system . I can still access TWRP. Can anyone help me get it working again?
 
 
12th May 2014, 05:18 PM |#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,085
 
More
In TWRP, mount the partition, copy ROM, flash it.

If you can't mount the sd card, try adv push or adv sideload. A quick search should get you detailed instructions.
12th May 2014, 05:39 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenPope

In TWRP, mount the partition, copy ROM, flash it.

If you can't mount the sd card, try adv push or adv sideload. A quick search should get you detailed instructions.

Any ROM i have sideloaded has failed. Any suggestions?
Last edited by benhenderson01; 12th May 2014 at 06:55 PM.
12th May 2014, 06:55 PM |#4  
Quote:
Originally Posted by benhenderson01

Can you give me step by step please because i searched all of last night and couldnt find anything.

you searched all last night and couldn't find out that you have three options:
1- OTG
2- adb push
3- adb sideload

not to mention, it's in almost every other Q&A thread and there are soooo many how-to and guides around, it's really hard to miss!

and on top of that, by helping you here, i'm sort of encouraging you (and others) to search less


Here's an example of adb push

-> enter RECOVERY

Code:
C:\ADB3>adb version
Android Debug Bridge version 1.0.31

C:\ADB3>adb devices
List of devices attached
HT34xxxxxxxx    recovery <- you are now in recovery


C:\ADB3>adb push Android_Revolution_HD-One_52.0.zip /sdcard/
2990 KB/s (1172224138 bytes in 382.835s) <- yes, it took over 5 mins,
                                            without showing any progress

Just to double-check the file is not corrupt
C:\ADB3>adb shell md5sum /sdcard/Android_Revolution_HD-One_52.0.zip
2eff0d37fec5789b946c43f7da2c13bf  /sdcard/Android_Revolution_HD-One_52.0.zip
from the OP: Android Revolution HD 52.0 -- MD5 sum: 2EFF0D37FEC5789B946C43F7DA2C13BF -- ==> so all is good :)
C:\ADB3>
-> in recovery, select "install" and install the ROM
.
12th May 2014, 07:01 PM |#5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkk71

you searched all last night and couldn't find out that you have three options:
1- OTG
2- adb push
3- adb sideload

not to mention, it's in almost every other Q&A thread and there are soooo many how-to and guides around, it's really hard to miss!

and on top of that, by helping you here, i'm sort of encouraging you (and others) to search less


Here's an example of adb push

-> enter RECOVERY

Code:
C:\ADB3>adb version
Android Debug Bridge version 1.0.31

C:\ADB3>adb devices
List of devices attached
HT34xxxxxxxx    recovery <- you are now in recovery


C:\ADB3>adb push Android_Revolution_HD-One_52.0.zip /sdcard/
2990 KB/s (1172224138 bytes in 382.835s) <- yes, it took over 5 mins,
                                            without showing any progress

Just to double-check the file is not corrupt
C:\ADB3>adb shell md5sum /sdcard/Android_Revolution_HD-One_52.0.zip
2eff0d37fec5789b946c43f7da2c13bf  /sdcard/Android_Revolution_HD-One_52.0.zip
from the OP: Android Revolution HD 52.0 -- MD5 sum: 2EFF0D37FEC5789B946C43F7DA2C13BF -- ==> so all is good :)
C:\ADB3>
-> in recovery, select "install" and install the ROM
.

I side loaded viper onto it and wen through the installation but it failed at the very end of it.
12th May 2014, 07:09 PM |#6  
Quote:
Originally Posted by benhenderson01

I side loaded viper onto it and wen through the installation but it failed at the very end of it.

which version of TWRP are you using? and what model is your phone M7_U/UL or different?
12th May 2014, 07:11 PM |#7  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkk71

which version of TWRP are you using? and what model is your phone M7_U/UL or different?

I am using TWRP 2.6.3.0 and all i know is its an M7
12th May 2014, 07:21 PM |#8  
Quote:
Originally Posted by benhenderson01

I am using TWRP 2.6.3.0 and all i know is its an M7

problem is the recovery, it's outdated and won't work 4.4 ROMs

Assuming your phone is an M7_U/UL version (ie not Sprint, Verizon, Dual-SIM)

get TWRP from:
2.6.3.3: http://techerrata.com/browse/twrp2/m7
or 2.6.3.4: http://techerrata.com/browse/twrp2/m7ul
(make sure MD5 is correct, that site does not play nice with download managers)

2.7.0.4b: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2708134


in bootloader/FASTBOOT USB:
fastboot flash recovery openrecovery-twrp-2.6.3.3-m7.img
fastboot erase cache
fastboot reboot-bootloader



And when you get a chance, please take some time to do a little research.... "all i know is its an M7", is not a very encouraging statement when you want to flash things.

PS: once you're in bootloader screen one of the top lines should say M7_U or M7_UL etc. ... if it's not one of those, then do not flash the above mentioned recoveries
12th May 2014, 08:03 PM |#9  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkk71

problem is the recovery, it's outdated and won't work 4.4 ROMs

Assuming your phone is an M7_U/UL version (ie not Sprint, Verizon, Dual-SIM)

get TWRP from:
2.6.3.3: http://techerrata.com/browse/twrp2/m7
or 2.6.3.4: http://techerrata.com/browse/twrp2/m7ul
(make sure MD5 is correct, that site does not play nice with download managers)

2.7.0.4b: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2708134


in bootloader/FASTBOOT USB:
fastboot flash recovery openrecovery-twrp-2.6.3.3-m7.img
fastboot erase cache
fastboot reboot-bootloader



And when you get a chance, please take some time to do a little research.... "all i know is its an M7", is not a very encouraging statement when you want to flash things.

PS: once you're in bootloader screen one of the top lines should say M7_U or M7_UL etc. ... if it's not one of those, then do not flash the above mentioned recoveries

Its all working now. Thanks soo much, i will remember to do more research in furture
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes