Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,101 Members 43,146 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Returning htc one to stock problem after problem

Tip us?

jwmccarrier
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [Q] Returning htc one to stock problem after problem

Okay, so I rooted my HTC One M7 AT&T, got S-OFF, tried a couple different ROMs, wanted to put it to GE so i changed the CID, which somehow also changed my hboot to 1.54, and now when i try to return the whole thing to stock using a guide i found online.
i can't get my computer to recognize my phone when it goes to the bootloader. when using the phone normally such as texting, facebook whatever it works, i can get to the internal storage. BUT when i try to do anything with fastboot it will not work. it says <waiting for device> forever.
so basically i dont know what to do. PLEASE HELP ME

yoda1998
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwmccarrier View Post
Okay, so I rooted my HTC One M7 AT&T, got S-OFF, tried a couple different ROMs, wanted to put it to GE so i changed the CID, which somehow also changed my hboot to 1.54, and now when i try to return the whole thing to stock using a guide i found online.
i can't get my computer to recognize my phone when it goes to the bootloader. when using the phone normally such as texting, facebook whatever it works, i can get to the internal storage. BUT when i try to do anything with fastboot it will not work. it says <waiting for device> forever.
Make sure you have the correct drivers installed. Have you used HTC Sync Manager before?

jwmccarrier
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoda1998 View Post
Make sure you have the correct drivers installed. Have you used HTC Sync Manager before?
I have the correct drivers. I have uninstalled and reinstalled HTC sync manager twice.

yoda1998
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Default sustinc also

Quote:
I have the correct drivers. I have uninstalled and reinstalled HTC sync manager twice.
do you have the red fastboot USB showing up in your bootloader upon connecting your phone?

jwmccarrier
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoda1998 View Post
do you have the red fastboot USB showing up in your bootloader upon connecting your phone?
No, it says fastboot. but not fastboot usb. if i use the volume keys to move up or down it shows fastboot usb, but still does not allow me to use fastboot functions through my computer.

bored_stupid
Old
Thanks Meter 182
Quote:
What Windows OS are you using?
Are you using USB 3?

Read here

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...24&postcount=2

Sent from my HTC One using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

jwmccarrier
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by bored_stupid View Post
What Windows OS are you using?
Are you using USB 3?

Read here

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...24&postcount=2

Sent from my HTC One using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2
I am using Windows 8.1
No I am not using USB 3. I tried all ports on my computer, and even a different computer.

clsA
Old
Thanks Meter 875

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
I am using Windows 8.1
No I am not using USB 3. I tried all ports on my computer, and even a different computer.
This is how i got the drivers to work on windows 8.1
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=49131915

use the old (dirty) solution

* Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
*/
I repeat this is a REALLY DIRTY solution that may harm your system, personal data, hardware and/or cat.
Here are the steps:
0. Have a Linux or Windows LiveCD just in case something goes wrong
1. Download and extract files from attachment
2. Navigate to the folder corresponding to your system version (x86 = 32-bit, x64 = 64 bit)
3. Right-click franken-usb.bat and click "Run as Administrator"
5. Wait for it to finish and reboot the system. If everything went fine, you will boot your system successfully
6. Install ADB/Fastboot drivers just like on Windows 8
7. Connect your phone in Fastboot mode to your USB 2.0 port and check if it works
8. Enjoy and wait for official fix

How does it work:
It's not any kind of magic - it just replaces Windows 8.1's usbhub.sys and usbport.sys with Windows 8's ones.
Old files don't check for BOS descriptor so Fastboot can work.

Script updated - it should now actually copy the files but please double check if files were copied to C:\Windows\system32\Drivers!

Hope it helps you!

Regards!

Download this >> http://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...2&d=1389122072
HTC One 32 GB AT&T

bored_stupid
Old
Thanks Meter 182
Quote:
I am using Windows 8.1
Was the other PC runnings windows 8+ too, ( HTC drivers have known connection problems with windows 8. If Windows 7, was the drivers installed correctly

read the link I posted earlier