As I noted, my device is a C6806, its bootloader is able to be unlocked, and I am currently running .757, having just upgraded yesterday. Here are the steps I am going to take:
1. Downgrade to .532 by flashing NUTís .532 firmware, the .FTF file found here (http://forum.xda-developers.com/devd...ct/dl/?id=3442), with latest version of Flashtool (0.9.16.0). QUESTION: NUTís FTF file is C6833_14.1.B.1.532_NUT.ftf. I assume the C6833 refers to that device number. But I have a C6806. Will flashing this FTF negatively affect my C6806 in any way? Will it be a problem at all? I assume it wonít be, but I want to make sure.
2. Root the device by using the instructions found here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1886460.
3. I will then backup my TA Partition by following this guide: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2292598.
4. I will then unlock the bootloader by following the steps here: http://unlockbootloader.sonymobile.com/.
5. I will then upgrade to .757 following the instructions here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2714511. QUESTION: I cannot find the .757 FTF at that link. I can find the .681 FTF at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFSeSe8gQOY (which should use the same steps as .757). I could just upgrade to .681, but is there a place I can get a good .757 FTF to flash?
I should, at this point, have the latest (or near latest) build rooted. Am I correct in thinking this? If you see any problems, please let me know. If you have any other tips or tricks, please throw those in as well. Thank you. I really appreciate it.