Please Help Me to Side Load Play Store Onto Xelio Tablet

Tip us?

OstrichSak
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 63

DONATE TO ME
Default Please Help Me to Side Load Play Store Onto Xelio Tablet

I recently bought a Xelio 9" tablet (Android 4.0.4) and need to get a full version of an app that I've paid for onto it. Seems like the easiest way would be to side load the Play Store onto the tablet and then log into my Google account and recover that app. So, that's where I'm stuck. I downloaded the 'com.android.vending-4.1.10' apk to the SD card and then used ES File Explorer to navigate to it and install it. Seemed to install fine... that was until I attempted to open it and I get an error 'Unfortunately Google Play Store Has Stopped' and I can't get any further. Do I need to copy the apk to the /system/app directory and change permissions or is there something else I should do/try?

The tablet doesn't have GAPPs but it does seem to have Gmail & Maps even though I didn't try to open them yet. Thought that was odd since it wasn't supposed to have any Google apps from the factory but sure 'nough, there they were.

Thanks for the help.

OstrichSak
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 63

DONATE TO ME
Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

OstrichSak
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 63

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by apricusgames View Post
nice work really
Dafuq?

OstrichSak
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 63

DONATE TO ME
Anyone?

solopilot
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by OstrichSak View Post
I recently bought a Xelio 9" tablet (Android 4.0.4) and need to get a full version of an app that I've paid for onto it. Seems like the easiest way would be to side load the Play Store onto the tablet and then log into my Google account and recover that app. So, that's where I'm stuck. I downloaded the 'com.android.vending-4.1.10' apk to the SD card and then used ES File Explorer to navigate to it and install it. Seemed to install fine... that was until I attempted to open it and I get an error 'Unfortunately Google Play Store Has Stopped' and I can't get any further. Do I need to copy the apk to the /system/app directory and change permissions or is there something else I should do/try?

The tablet doesn't have GAPPs but it does seem to have Gmail & Maps even though I didn't try to open them yet. Thought that was odd since it wasn't supposed to have any Google apps from the factory but sure 'nough, there they were.

Thanks for the help.
Try another version.
I successfully am using 'com.android.vending-4.0.27.apk' with the same method you described.

OstrichSak
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 63

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by solopilot View Post
Try another version.
I successfully am using 'com.android.vending-4.0.27.apk' with the same method you described.
On a Xelio tablet? Do I need to root and/or run another ROM? I think I saw something where someone was saying to flash CWM and then CM9 onto it so I was going to look into that next.

OstrichSak
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 63

DONATE TO ME
I tried 4.0.27 and still no dice.

pickles523
Old
(Last edited by pickles523; 14th May 2014 at 10:53 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
I am using xelio tab 7" and I rooted and used an app called lucky patcher to install a modded play store. It has no relation to the play store at all plus the play store is installed as a system app and you can choose any version of the store starting from the android market to play store 4.3.10. Also it installs the original stores as well.

Update
It now has the latest play store update as of 5/14/2014.

Sent from my P717A-B7 using Tapatalk

Tags
load, play, side, story, xelios