FORUMS

XDA Recap: This Week In Android (May 17 – 23)

Another week, another recap. The Sunday tradition marches on this week with a fresh … more

Huawei To Sell Honor Smartphones Via Indian Retail Outlets

World’s fourth largest smartphone maker Huawei plans to now sell its … more

Sunday Debate: Are Smaller Bezels Better or Worth It?

Bezels have been getting smaller and smaller as the years go by, and while devices … more

LG G4 First Impressions and Unboxing – XDA TV

The latest in LG’s signature line of “G phones” has been released. … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Q] Constant wakelocks with GCM_CONN_ALARM and GCM_CONN (GcmService)

12th May 2014, 09:44 PM |#1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

More
My phone (Moto G running stock Android 4.4.2 rooted) NEVER ever gets into deep sleep because of these two deadlocks: GCM_CONN_ALARM and GCM_CONN.

I tried blocking them using Wakelock Terminator (either in Google Play Services or in Android System) but it doesn't seem to do anything at all, either with the keyword filter or the total filter.

The wakelocks only stopped when I disabled GcmService (using the Disable Service app), but now I don't get many notifications (Gmail, Twitter, WhatsApp).

Is there any solution in between? Thanks in advance.

13th May 2014, 11:13 AM |#2  
Flag delhi
Thanks Meter: 53

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by santiagoroza

My phone (Moto G running stock Android 4.4.2 rooted) NEVER ever gets into deep sleep because of these two deadlocks: GCM_CONN_ALARM and GCM_CONN.

I tried blocking them using Wakelock Terminator (either in Google Play Services or in Android System) but it doesn't seem to do anything at all, either with the keyword filter or the total filter.

The wakelocks only stopped when I disabled GcmService (using the Disable Service app), but now I don't get many notifications (Gmail, Twitter, WhatsApp).

Why do you need to go in deep sleep you will miss notifications in deep sleep
9th July 2014, 09:49 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 42

More
I have the same wakelock on my Moto X. IS KILLING"my battery. . Anyone got any ideas. .
10th July 2014, 12:52 AM |#4  
Flag Stara Zagora
Thanks Meter: 93

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsusx

I have the same wakelock on my Moto X. IS KILLING"my battery. . Anyone got any ideas. .

Start uninstalling things like FB, whatsapp, viber, Twitter and so everything that may want to sync periodically.

See if you can filter out what is actually keeping the given service active, thus keeping your device awake.

As a last resort, factory reset and start over.
20th July 2014, 06:11 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 31

More
This popped up for me after using my alarm clock. Even after turning off the alarm, it still appears. Did you ever resolve the issue?
11th March 2015, 08:55 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Unhappy
Nobody has a between solution? Not disabling it nor allowing it to hog our batteries..
10th April 2015, 10:59 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 63

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by santiagoroza

Use Greenify in Boost mode (works with xposed)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread