Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,233 Members 51,153 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Constant wakelocks with GCM_CONN_ALARM and GCM_CONN (GcmService)

Tip us?

santiagoroza
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] Constant wakelocks with GCM_CONN_ALARM and GCM_CONN (GcmService)

My phone (Moto G running stock Android 4.4.2 rooted) NEVER ever gets into deep sleep because of these two deadlocks: GCM_CONN_ALARM and GCM_CONN.

I tried blocking them using Wakelock Terminator (either in Google Play Services or in Android System) but it doesn't seem to do anything at all, either with the keyword filter or the total filter.

The wakelocks only stopped when I disabled GcmService (using the Disable Service app), but now I don't get many notifications (Gmail, Twitter, WhatsApp).

Is there any solution in between? Thanks in advance.

bibhu60
Old
Thanks Meter 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by santiagoroza View Post
My phone (Moto G running stock Android 4.4.2 rooted) NEVER ever gets into deep sleep because of these two deadlocks: GCM_CONN_ALARM and GCM_CONN.

I tried blocking them using Wakelock Terminator (either in Google Play Services or in Android System) but it doesn't seem to do anything at all, either with the keyword filter or the total filter.

The wakelocks only stopped when I disabled GcmService (using the Disable Service app), but now I don't get many notifications (Gmail, Twitter, WhatsApp).

Is there any solution in between? Thanks in advance.
Why do you need to go in deep sleep you will miss notifications in deep sleep

My Thread -:
[BootAnimations] For Galaxy Ace Plus GT-S7500 (320 X 480)

Hit if I helped you somehow

Current Device:Galaxy Ace Plus
Android Version:4.1.2
Current Rom: AROMA||CM10||JB|✩✩Pure GALAXYv1.0✩✩
TouchWiz: 4.0
Kernel version:2.6.38.6-1214151
Baseband version:S7500DDME1

gsusx
Old
Thanks Meter 39
I have the same wakelock on my Moto X. IS KILLING"my battery. . Anyone got any ideas. .

liveroy
Old
Thanks Meter 65

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsusx View Post
I have the same wakelock on my Moto X. IS KILLING"my battery. . Anyone got any ideas. .
Start uninstalling things like FB, whatsapp, viber, Twitter and so everything that may want to sync periodically.

See if you can filter out what is actually keeping the given service active, thus keeping your device awake.

As a last resort, factory reset and start over.
Mental issues lead to the use of long signatures

Care much for receiving Thanks?Bitching at the others about it doesn't help, instead better stfu and gtfo.

09eric09
Old
Thanks Meter 22
This popped up for me after using my alarm clock. Even after turning off the alarm, it still appears. Did you ever resolve the issue?