Post Reply

Phone Are you happy with your G2's ?

OP tuncay_93

12th May 2014, 10:41 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 17
 
117 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2011
Hello, I apologize if the thread alredy exist! I did search!
So coming from far kingdom of 4X HD I want to to know if you owners of the G2 are happy with this phone
What are the common issues you really faced, I did read some blogs with common issues but i believe here the people who really have experiance with the device can give me more accurate info.
I am aiming for the D802 model non carrier branded open europe region.
Also i will not flash any roms and kernels and mods to it.
My 4x HD fits perfectly to my needs but it has some issues with it like bad build quality some plastic parts around the sides of the device are coming off. It has overheating issues. Its power button keeps dirt and its not responsive. So does the G2 come with such issues ?
12th May 2014, 10:58 AM   |  #2  
Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
79 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2010
I have it 10 days now, and wish I didn't bought it actually.
had issues with data connection on 3G/4G when it was on 4.2.2, now on 4.4.2 seems that is corrected
Next thing that irritate me is when you're in browser it doesn't react well when you scrolling, you need do realase fingers two times for every scroll. Tried in various browser on both JB and KK, and it is same
Next, on the sun, screen is barely readible
Next, sound is really crap, you can forgot to speak via speakerfon, and music is terribly bad produced via speakers
Camera, it sucks at low light
Web browsing, S4 and i5 are FASTER, we done side by side test
Also connecting to wifi is at least 4 times slower than my ex i5, my wifes S3
Placing of volume keys are really retarded
If you buy 16GB version, you will actually have less than 9GB free. I'm so mad on this, and you cannot put SD card.
I have 6GB pictures from my ex i5, putted Navigon, and almost no space left. I had lots of Android phones till now, but this G2 is worst ever. For the first time I was unable to keep NAND backup on the phone, few ROMs, and pictures, navigation,... you name it.
It looks very cheap too.
Last edited by jucca; 12th May 2014 at 11:00 AM.
12th May 2014, 12:08 PM   |  #3  
erto90's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Firenze ( Florence )
Thanks Meter: 676
 
3,087 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2008
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jucca

I have it 10 days now, and wish I didn't bought it actually.
had issues with data connection on 3G/4G when it was on 4.2.2, now on 4.4.2 seems that is corrected
Next thing that irritate me is when you're in browser it doesn't react well when you scrolling, you need do realase fingers two times for every scroll. Tried in various browser on both JB and KK, and it is same
Next, on the sun, screen is barely readible
Next, sound is really crap, you can forgot to speak via speakerfon, and music is terribly bad produced via speakers
Camera, it sucks at low light
Web browsing, S4 and i5 are FASTER, we done side by side test
Also connecting to wifi is at least 4 times slower than my ex i5, my wifes S3
Placing of volume keys are really retarded
If you buy 16GB version, you will actually have less than 9GB free. I'm so mad on this, and you cannot put SD card.
I have 6GB pictures from my ex i5, putted Navigon, and almost no space left. I had lots of Android phones till now, but this G2 is worst ever. For the first time I was unable to keep NAND backup on the phone, few ROMs, and pictures, navigation,... you name it.
It looks very cheap too.

Sell it, then
I'm really happy with mine, coming form an HTC One, the only thing i missed is the stereo audio
The rest, is superior in G2, battery life is spectacular, awesome camera, wonderful screen!
12th May 2014, 12:30 PM   |  #4  
Member
Flag jhang
Thanks Meter: 4
 
48 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2008
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by erto90

Sell it, then
I'm really happy with mine, coming form an HTC One, the only thing i missed is the stereo audio
The rest, is superior in G2, battery life is spectacular, awesome camera, wonderful screen!

1
Happy as hell after recently using s4, note2, htc one(built quality and audio was awesome) and Htc butterfly.
Doesnt looks cheaper than Galaxy series.
Last edited by zain rizvi; 12th May 2014 at 12:35 PM.
12th May 2014, 12:40 PM   |  #5  
bender_007's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,482
 
2,121 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
Donate to Me
More
This is me
12th May 2014, 12:41 PM   |  #6  
Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
79 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by erto90

Sell it, then
I'm really happy with mine, coming form an HTC One, the only thing i missed is the stereo audio
The rest, is superior in G2, battery life is spectacular, awesome camera, wonderful screen!

Agree, screen is really godd, but in indoors
Batery life is great, can't and I didn't complained about that.
12th May 2014, 12:42 PM   |  #7  
erto90's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Firenze ( Florence )
Thanks Meter: 676
 
3,087 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2008
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jucca

Agree, screen is really godd, but in indoors
Batery life is great, can't and I didn't complained about that.

Outdoor screen is just OK, but is like all the others..
12th May 2014, 12:51 PM   |  #8  
Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
79 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by erto90

Outdoor screen is just OK, but is like all the others..

Not true. i5 has miles better screen in outdoor.
12th May 2014, 12:55 PM   |  #9  
erto90's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Firenze ( Florence )
Thanks Meter: 676
 
3,087 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2008
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jucca

Not true. i5 has miles better screen in outdoor.

never tried iphones, never liked them, so can't say if that's true or not
but for android devices, g2 is just like all the others top gamma outdoor
12th May 2014, 12:59 PM   |  #10  
Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
79 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by erto90

never tried iphones, never liked them, so can't say if that's true or not
but for android devices, g2 is just like all the others top gamma outdoor

You have to beleive me. If I have to read something on a sunny day with a G2, need to cover screen to be readable. Never done this with an i5
I have to keep brightness at almost 100% at all the time, never needed to keep it so high on any phone till now.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in G2 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank