Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,698 Members 49,462 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] LG G2 Screen Problem

Tip us?

YuzukiYumeno
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [Q] LG G2 Screen Problem

I am really frustrated with my LG G2 because of the screen problem I encountered. The screen goes up and down, it happens when I over using the phone. I went on LG service center to reset my phone. still no luck, the problem is still there. They think its a software problem. I hope LG will release new software update on G2
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	2787
Size:	214.4 KB
ID:	2332181  

Rayan
Old
Thanks Meter 194
To me that seems more like a hardware problem, not a software one.

Can you reproduce the problem at will?

Dude, I think you have a lemon...

Good luck!
Twitter: @RayanMX
My Daily Driver: LG G2 32 GB
Other Deivces: Motorola Moto X (white), Samsung Galaxy Note, Nokia Lumia 900, Motorola Atrix 4G (sold), Motorola Lapdock (sold), Asus Transformer Tablet, Nexus One Google Phone (retired), Viewsonic G Tablet (retired), Nokia N97 40 Gb *sold*, Nokia 5530 *gave it away*, HTC Touch*died*, HTC Touch Diamond GSM*sold*, Palm Pre GSM*sold*

YuzukiYumeno
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
It happened when i charged my phone with the screen is on and i always reading manga. maybe the screen is too sensitive. Yea i think this is hardware issue

Rayan
Old
Thanks Meter 194
I have used mine while connected and charging... Never had a problem with that.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk
Twitter: @RayanMX
My Daily Driver: LG G2 32 GB
Other Deivces: Motorola Moto X (white), Samsung Galaxy Note, Nokia Lumia 900, Motorola Atrix 4G (sold), Motorola Lapdock (sold), Asus Transformer Tablet, Nexus One Google Phone (retired), Viewsonic G Tablet (retired), Nokia N97 40 Gb *sold*, Nokia 5530 *gave it away*, HTC Touch*died*, HTC Touch Diamond GSM*sold*, Palm Pre GSM*sold*

tiguy99
Old
Thanks Meter 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayan View Post
I have used mine while connected and charging... Never had a problem with that.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk
This

Hopefully you're still in your exchange period...swap it out
- LG G2 32GB (white)
- HTC Sensation 4G (project phone)

- Motorola Atrix HD (Sold but not forgotten)
- HTC One XL (still in the family)
- Samsung galaxy s2 T-mobile Jedi Mind Trick v9 ROM (sold)
- iPhone 4 white unlocked (sold)
- iPhone 3G 16GB (sold)
- iphone Unlocked (sold)
- T-Mobile Dash (Sold)
- Verizon Motorola Q (Sold) <--- best phone I
had before the iphone

rfarrah
Old
Thanks Meter 316
You are running it completely stock? And you've done a factory reset? If so, it sounds to me like your phone is defective. These phones are so new it should still be under warranty, right?
Now test-driving the Awesome LG G3

eddytheman
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Just got the same problem as OP last night and I've used it only for 1 month,so now I send my phone to LG service center and they said it was a hardware problem not sure which part but will reply here soon when I got my phone back and tell you all what's the problem...

billykxda
Old
Thanks Meter 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddytheman View Post
Just got the same problem as OP last night and I've used it only for 1 month,so now I send my phone to LG service center and they said it was a hardware problem not sure which part but will reply here soon when I got my phone back and tell you all what's the problem...
Got a similar problem. I am unsure if I want to send it back for exchange or just keep it, as there are plenty of reports of owners exchanging G2's just to get another with the same problem. Looks to me to be a software issue - at least with my G2 - as I can get past it by just turning the screen off/on.

Let us know how your G2 turns out.

eddytheman
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by billykxda View Post
Got a similar problem. I am unsure if I want to send it back for exchange or just keep it, as there are plenty of reports of owners exchanging G2's just to get another with the same problem. Looks to me to be a software issue - at least with my G2 - as I can get past it by just turning the screen off/on.

Let us know how your G2 turns out.
I've just got ma phone back after sent it to LG service center and they said that it was a touch screen problem,so they changed touch screen + board for me without any cost coz I have a warranty...I think you should change it to a new one or tell them if you got a problem like mine

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

INCREMENTAL
Old
Thanks Meter 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddytheman View Post
I've just got ma phone back after sent it to LG service center and they said that it was a touch screen problem,so they changed touch screen + board for me without any cost coz I have a warranty...I think you should change it to a new one or tell them if you got a problem like mine

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk
Did this fix your issue then? Just got my G2 Sunday and its been horrible with this issue. Love the phone but this is just bad.