Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,852 Members 42,362 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Tempered Glass screen protectors at a great price!

Tip us?

iomega311
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Default Tempered Glass screen protectors at a great price!

I just wanted to alert anyone who might be considering purchasing a tempered glass protector for their S5 about the one that I just put on my phone.
It is iCarez brand and is sold on Amazon for only $8.95 (currently).

Here is the Amazon USA site link:
http://www.amazon.com/Protector-Anti.../ref=de_a_smtd

I just put it on today and can say that the packaging was very premium and that it went on and fits perfectly. It is much less expensive than a lot of other options out there and I couldn't imagine any other's working any better. They also have lifetime warranty replacements too.
It is fitting nicely with my Spigen Tough Armor case.

erider
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Default icarez glass protector

I purchased this same one. I was VERY impressed with the packaging, they even give you the rubber bands to hold it on for proper positioning. love the feel of it. (smoother than the actual screen) for the price, there's no way to beat this, they could easily get away with charging 30 bucks for this one.

88EVGAFTW
Old
Thanks Meter 132
How does the screen look? any change in quality or almost invisible?

raghu007
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by 88EVGAFTW View Post
How does the screen look? any change in quality or almost invisible?
also is the front camera covered? I bought one of those which didn't have cut out for front camera as a result I wasn't able to take selfies with decent quality (although samsung front camera itself is not so good)...

delawaredrew
Old
Thanks Meter 73
I'm totally happy with my cybertech one. I haven't even thought about it since I put it on.
Sensor, speaker, and cam are cut out.

http://www.amazon.com/Cybertech-FG-1...s=cybertech+s5

$8 well spent
The Following User Says Thank You to delawaredrew For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

vulcanvillalta
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu007 View Post
also is the front camera covered? I bought one of those which didn't have cut out for front camera as a result I wasn't able to take selfies with decent quality (although samsung front camera itself is not so good)...
I would consider that handicap a blessing. The whole selfie thing is going to be an embarrassing part of our past in a few years. Just wait.
I have been, and always shall be, your friend.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vulcanvillalta For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Ramer84015
Old
Thanks Meter 621
Quote:
Originally Posted by erider View Post
I purchased this same one. I was VERY impressed with the packaging, they even give you the rubber bands to hold it on for proper positioning. love the feel of it. (smoother than the actual screen) for the price, there's no way to beat this, they could easily get away with charging 30 bucks for this one.
Just got mine today. For some reason, mine didn't come with the rubber bands or the placement stickers. The instructions just say to clean the screen, peel off the backing and put it on. It really was simple and easy. What I really like is my S5 is no longer a fingerprint magnet.

dmkke
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks, iomega311. I will have to give the iCarly brand a try. Looks really good.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

elgyj
Old
Thanks Meter 5
nillkin tempered glass screen protectors,$8.99 free shipping

http://dx-box.com/nillkin-amazing-h-...900-i9600.html
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to elgyj For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jal3223
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by elgyj View Post
nillkin tempered glass screen protectors,$8.99 free shipping

http://dx-box.com/nillkin-amazing-h-...900-i9600.html
It seems this one comes with a camera lens protector as well. I wonder if it is also tempered glass?