Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,452 Members 42,626 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Moto G dead Help! [SOLVED]

Tip us?
 
Boss442
Old
(Last edited by Boss442; 1st May 2014 at 12:57 AM.)
#1  
Boss442's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 385
Posts: 283
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Mar Del Plata
Unhappy Moto G dead Help! [SOLVED]

Hi, mi moto G suddently dead... i will try to share the history

Suddently my moto g don't start after doing a downgrade, only if i plug on my pc show a driver (qhsusb_bulk) on xda very people have this problem so i download the qualcomm drivers... in the firmware folder for my stock phone, have some things (...)\mbm\blankflash
so i run blankflash.bat and my phone now go to the fastboot

but show as locked, they dont let me flash nothing and i can't unlock, my imei is 00000000000000000000
and don't start (Failed to initialize partition table)


anyone can help me?

here some pics:

 
Boss442
Old
(Last edited by Boss442; 22nd January 2014 at 07:10 AM.)
#2  
Boss442's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 385
Posts: 283
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Mar Del Plata
after 30 attempts using the same method (via fastboot) the same firmware the same pc. the phone reboot bootloader and show unlocked, let me flash all the system and work good ._. really i don't know what is going on...
but works

EDIT:
yes, work using the .bat on 4.4.2 not 4.3 so the problem is the bootloader who i can't downgrade... maybe i make a guide to save the phone

EDIT2:
found the problem, never, NEVER flash the .mbn files on the firmware folder, only flash motoboot who take care of these flash files
The Following User Says Thank You to Boss442 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
darkeingel
Old
#3  
darkeingel's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 81
Posts: 223
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Bucharest
I've had my shares of problems with that mbn files myself.

And after I was searching more things about them - I did notice that Moto X users have the same problems. The thing is that once you upgrade those files, you can't downgrade them.
 
_________________not anymore_________________

HTC G1 - 2.2 - Rooted - Cyanogen
Nexus One - Stock - Rooted - 2.3.3
Nexus S - Rooted - 2.3.6
Blackberry 9700 - OS6 - Hybrid - BIS
HD7 - Locked - Mango 7720.
HD7 TMOUS - SIMUNLOCKED - 8107 - Locked.
iPhone 4S - 6.1.2 - evad3rs - jailbr0ken.
Lumia 720 WP 8 - Amber


_________________ current ______________________
MOTO G - STOCK 4.4.4 - ROOTED + XPOSED + Greenify + Faux's Kernel.
 
cancheritos
Old
#4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default moto g bricked

hi, i'm sorry, but i need help urgently. I unlocked the bootloader and flashed an international firmware so i can update to 4.4.2, since kitkat is not available in my country yet. then i tried to root my phone using superboot-windows.bat, and when the phone restarted it showd the moto logo, but it faded to black. so i turned it off, but now it doesn't turn on. is there a way to turn it on via adb or fastboot from windows?
please help i'm panicking...
 
Boss442
Old
#5  
Boss442's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 385
Posts: 283
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Mar Del Plata
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkeingel View Post
I've had my shares of problems with that mbn files myself.

And after I was searching more things about them - I did notice that Moto X users have the same problems. The thing is that once you upgrade those files, you can't downgrade them.
u cant downgrade them until you blank-flash the bootloader... the problem is you really dont need to flash the .mbn files because motoboot file do that and is downgradable

Quote:
Originally Posted by cancheritos View Post
hi, i'm sorry, but i need help urgently. I unlocked the bootloader and flashed an international firmware so i can update to 4.4.2, since kitkat is not available in my country yet. then i tried to root my phone using superboot-windows.bat, and when the phone restarted it showd the moto logo, but it faded to black. so i turned it off, but now it doesn't turn on. is there a way to turn it on via adb or fastboot from windows?
please help i'm panicking...
view if in the pc show as qhsusb_bulk and i will explain how to unbrick
 
xkorex
Old
#6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 2
Join Date: Oct 2010
Default open multi failed

hi everytime i tried the blank-flash.bat it shows this log:
from Boss442 to XDA
opening device: \\.\COM40
OKAY [ 0.002s]
greeting device for command mode
ReadFile() failed, error=31
opening device: \\.\COM40
OKAY [ 0.003s]
greeting device for command mode
opening device: \\.\COM40
OKAY [ 0.002s]
greeting device for command mode
opening device: \\.\COM40
OKAY [ 0.004s]
greeting device for command mode
ReadFile() failed, error=31
opening device: \\.\COM40
OKAY [ 0.002s]
greeting device for command mode
opening device: \\.\COM40
OKAY [ 0.002s]
greeting device for command mode
ReadFile() failed, error=31
opening device: \\.\COM40
OKAY [ 0.004s]
greeting device for command mode
opening device: \\.\COM40
OKAY [ 0.003s]
greeting device for command mode
OKAY [ 0.974s]
identifying device
...serial = 0x1D18785
...chip-id = 0x800 (MSM8226)
...chip-rev = 0x0
...sv-sbl = 0x0
OKAY [ 0.009s]
finding files
...programmer = programmer.mbn
...singleimage = singleimage.bin
OKAY [ 0.006s]
validating files
OKAY [ 0.002s]
switching to download mode
OKAY [ 0.006s]
greeting device for image downloading
OKAY [ 0.004s]
sending programmer
OKAY [ 0.013s]
flashing singleimage
Target LOG: Open multi failed, unknown error
Target ERROR: 7 - Open multi failed, unknown error
Failed to open multi image, status = 7
FAILED (sdl-transfer-image:send-image:sdl-open-multi:error opening multi image)
Presione una tecla para continuar . . .

someone can help me?
 
gavinft
Old
#7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: Apr 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss442 View Post
after 30 attempts using the same method (via fastboot) the same firmware the same pc. the phone reboot bootloader and show unlocked, let me flash all the system and work good ._. really i don't know what is going on...
but works

EDIT:
yes, work using the .bat on 4.4.2 not 4.3 so the problem is the bootloader who i can't downgrade... maybe i make a guide to save the phone

EDIT2:
found the problem, never, NEVER flash the .mbn files on the firmware folder, only flash motoboot who take care of these flash files
Did you get back you data(like photoes、music)?Please tell me because I'm facing the same problem.Thank you!
 
Boss442
Old
#8  
Boss442's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 385
Posts: 283
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Mar Del Plata
Quote:
Originally Posted by gavinft View Post
Did you get back you data(like photoes、music)?Please tell me because I'm facing the same problem.Thank you!
The data is formatted when you clean userdata partition

Enviado desde mi Moto G mediante Tapatalk
 
Minervamc
Old
#9  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 143
Join Date: Feb 2014
I hope it will be solved soon.
 
Boss442
Old
#10  
Boss442's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 385
Posts: 283
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Mar Del Plata
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervamc View Post
I hope it will be solved soon.
i forgot to mark as solved, sorry

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Modernize Your Emails with Email Popup

SMS andHangouts messages likely won’t ever replace traditional Emails for more formal … more

Change Your Toast Notification Style with XToast

Android uses multipletypes of notifications. One of these isknown as a toast notification. … more

Port Sony Xperia Themes to CyanogenMod 11 with Ease

In addition the obvious proficiency with graphics, creating agood Android theme … more

Cell Phone SIM Unlock Bill Just Steps Away from President’s Desk

For all those who believe that Cinderella stories don’t actually … more