Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,666 Members 39,795 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

GALAXY S4 *Wanting* Stock ROM+Recovery! [Help!]

Tip us?

Battlesaur
Old
(Last edited by Battlesaur; 20th February 2014 at 02:41 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Exclamation GALAXY S4 *Wanting* Stock ROM+Recovery! [Help!]

I'll start off with the phone details

Galaxy S4 GT-i9505
Provider: Optus (Australia)
Baseband:I9505XXUEMK9

I'm looking for the stock S4 recovery and ROM (JellyBean 4.3) and I cannot find them anywhere!
I recently rooted my S4, flashed CWM onto it and installed the S4 Google Edition Anrdroid 4.4.2 ROM.

I don't care if the method wipes all data, wipes root access etc, I just want stock everything so I can send my phone away under warranty.
So please, if you know a method, the location of the stock files or anything please chuck it my way.

Also if you know of any good S4 compatible 4.4.2 KitKat ROMs (Or really, really, good 4.3 ROMS) I wouldnt mind them either
Much, much, much appreciated
Sorry if this was the wrong section to post this in, but I need help and I have no idea where else this would go.

ramzell123
Old
Thanks Meter 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Battlesaur View Post

Galaxy S4 GT-i9505

I'm looking for the stock S4 recovery and ROM (JellyBean 4.3) and I cannot find them anywhere!
I recently rooted my S4, flashed CWM onto it and installed the S4 Google Edition Anrdroid 4.4.2 ROM.

I don't care if the method wipes all data, wipes root access etc, I just want stock everything so I can send my phone away under warranty.
So please, if you know a method, the location of the stock files or anything please chuck it my way.

Also if you know of any good S4 compatible 4.4.2 KitKat ROMs (Or really, really, good 4.3 ROMS) I wouldnt mind them either
Sorry if this was the wrong section to post this in, but I need help and I have no idea where else this would go.
You can check firmware here:
http://samsung-updates.com/device/?id=GT-I9505

how to unroot? here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2265477

Battlesaur
Old
(Last edited by Battlesaur; 21st February 2014 at 09:55 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzell123 View Post

Thank you! That link helps heaps for the ROMs but I'm still looking for a stock recovery for my S4. [Edit: Does that unroot/ flash to stock firmware link include the stock recovery?]

TheBeast
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:

Thank you! That link helps heaps for the ROMs but I'm still looking for a stock recovery for my S4. [Edit: Does that unroot/ flash to stock firmware link include the stock recovery?]
Flashing the stock rom with Odin will unroot and install the stock recovery as well, it's included, so no need to find recovery and flash it separately.

spamtrash
Old
Thanks Meter 180
Quote:

Try this(although I'm unsure if it will flash correctly because it's 4.2.2 version) or look for "factory Firmware"
HTC HD2 (still alive and kicking), I9000, I9300, I9505

navdeepavi
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:

Galaxy S4 GT-i9505

Hi see post no. 4 above . just flash stock firmware with odin. no need to do anything else.

Rigel550
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by navdeepavi View Post
Hi see post no. 4 above . just flash stock firmware with odin. no need to do anything else.
Where do we put it though? PDA PHONE or CSC?

asantand
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigel550 View Post
Where do we put it though? PDA PHONE or CSC?
PDA.