Ask a question

No registration required

How to update sim unlocked AT&T HTC One

OP ricklhswood

10th April 2014, 10:38 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
Hello everyone, I'm a bit of a noob so bare with me. Thanks for taking the time to hear me out.

I have a sim unlocked AT&T HTC One (M7) that I am using on T-mobiles network. I switched over last year and I don't have my AT&T account anymore. The phone is stock, not rooted at all, just sim unlocked.

I have not updated the HTC one at all since I've bought it, and I would like to update to 4.2.2 KitKat but I noticed I cannot update via T-Mobiles network. Help!!!!

P.S. Is there a way for me to update my phone manually without having to find someone with an AT&T sim card?
11th April 2014, 04:07 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 59

339 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricklhswood

Hello everyone, I'm a bit of a noob so bare with me. Thanks for taking the time to hear me out.

I have a sim unlocked AT&T HTC One (M7) that I am using on T-mobiles network. I switched over last year and I don't have my AT&T account anymore. The phone is stock, not rooted at all, just sim unlocked.

I have not updated the HTC one at all since I've bought it, and I would like to update to 4.2.2 KitKat but I noticed I cannot update via T-Mobiles network. Help!!!!

P.S. Is there a way for me to update my phone manually without having to find someone with an AT&T sim card?

Updates are usually done over wifi rather than the current network, being on T-Mobile should have no effect on the updates. What happens when you check for updates.
11th April 2014, 09:15 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 1

34 posts
Im in Mexico and I have the same problem..

HTC unlocked.. no update via OTA.. looks like ATT punished all the unlocked phones with no-sending the update.

I can't update the phone,

no via OTA
no via ROM
no via adb push rom.zip (access denied)

no nothing..
12th April 2014, 02:09 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb_guy

Updates are usually done over wifi rather than the current network, being on T-Mobile should have no effect on the updates. What happens when you check for updates.

Hey mb_guy, thanks for the reply.

When I am connected to wifi or 4G-LTE and try to update via settings-->about-->software updates nothing happens. It doesn't even try to search for new updates. Another interesting thing is that when I try to search for updates on the phone, I see AT&T even though I have switched over to T-Mobile and am using the T-Mobile Sim Card.

P.S. I did pay for a sim unlock code from a website, could that be the reason why I am unable to update my phone?
12th April 2014, 02:04 PM   |  #5  
Flag Central Florida
Thanks Meter: 1,240

4,495 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dumitresc

Im in Mexico and I have the same problem..

HTC unlocked.. no update via OTA.. looks like ATT punished all the unlocked phones with no-sending the update.

I can't update the phone,

no via OTA
no via ROM
no via adb push rom.zip (access denied)

no nothing..

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricklhswood

Hey mb_guy, thanks for the reply.

When I am connected to wifi or 4G-LTE and try to update via settings-->about-->software updates nothing happens. It doesn't even try to search for new updates. Another interesting thing is that when I try to search for updates on the phone, I see AT&T even though I have switched over to T-Mobile and am using the T-Mobile Sim Card.

P.S. I did pay for a sim unlock code from a website, could that be the reason why I am unable to update my phone?

You can update it yourself with this RUU and a locked bootloader
http://www.androidruu.com/getdownloa...5_signed_2.exe
12th April 2014, 05:57 PM   |  #6  

7 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by clsA

Hello. Another newbie here. Could you post directions on how to use the above file? Do I need a PC, or is there some way copy the the directly onto my HTC One.

I have the same problem as the OP. I have a SIM unlocked AT&T HTC One that is stock with a locked boot loader. I have a prepaid AT&T SIM. But I cannot get the OTA update. I've tried several times to get the KitKat update, but each time it says no update available.
12th April 2014, 08:38 PM   |  #7  
Flag Central Florida

4,495 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casual Adventurer

Hello. Another newbie here. Could you post directions on how to use the above file? Do I need a PC, or is there some way copy the the directly onto my HTC One.

I have the same problem as the OP. I have a SIM unlocked AT&T HTC One that is stock with a locked boot loader. I have a prepaid AT&T SIM. But I cannot get the OTA update. I've tried several times to get the KitKat update, but each time it says no update available.

the RUU is a windows EXE file just click it and follow the instructions
Back up your phone ! a RUU totally wipes everything from the phone
12th April 2014, 11:30 PM   |  #8  

34 posts
Quote:

http://www.androidruu.com/getdownloa...5_signed_2.exe

Actually when I try to update via ruu, I got an error.. fastboot.exe in windows.. and the installer shows in the messages in: checking header 1/5….

If I disconnect the cellphone.. There is an error with invalid copy or something like that..

A few days ago I tried with adb push rom.zip and I got an error with: permission denied (when I was trying to copy the rom to media/0/ etc..

Im starting to think that the problem is the "memory or storage" because I guess all the problems or the methods stuck trying to copy the files or something like that..

I stuck with all the methods basically :S
Last edited by dumitresc; 12th April 2014 at 11:34 PM.
14th April 2014, 02:00 AM   |  #9  

7 posts
Quote:

the RUU is a windows EXE file just click it and follow the instructions
Back up your phone ! a RUU totally wipes everything from the phone

OK I've tried running the RUU from two different computers. One computer was running Windows XP and the other was running Windows 7. Each time I get to the point where the set-up wizard asks me to accept the license agreement. When I click on the "I accept" radial button and then click on next, the set-up wizard just shuts down.

I've tried it three times on the computer running Windows XP. On the third attempt I had the Task Manager running and the process just stops and disappears.

Can anyone offer any help.

I read on another forum that replacing the SIM card can help. So I went to my locate AT&T corporate store and got a new SIM card. No luck with that either.

I purchased this phone used It is in great shape. It looks new. It is running Build Number 3.17.502.3 CL246232 release-keys.

Because I bought a used phone, I just downloaded Connectbot and verified that the phone was not rooted.
14th April 2014, 02:59 AM   |  #10  
Flag Central Florida

4,495 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casual Adventurer

OK I've tried running the RUU from two different computers. One computer was running Windows XP and the other was running Windows 7. Each time I get to the point where the set-up wizard asks me to accept the license agreement. When I click on the "I accept" radial button and then click on next, the set-up wizard just shuts down.

I've tried it three times on the computer running Windows XP. On the third attempt I had the Task Manager running and the process just stops and disappears.

Can anyone offer any help.

I read on another forum that replacing the SIM card can help. So I went to my locate AT&T corporate store and got a new SIM card. No luck with that either.

I purchased this phone used It is in great shape. It looks new. It is running Build Number 3.17.502.3 CL246232 release-keys.

Because I bought a used phone, I just downloaded Connectbot and verified that the phone was not rooted.

the RUU works fine ..did you md5 check your downloaded file ?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread